Technical Expert - NBN (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Telstra's Enterprise (TE) team has been identified as an area of strategic growth and is focused on providing our government and corporate customers of all sizes with an integrated range of communications solutions and managed services.
As an experienced Technical Expert in the Service Delivery Fulfilment team, your role will encompass creating managed designs and activation of designs of IP Wide Area Networks and associated products to ensure right first time and on time delivery, while meeting quality requirements. You will perform the transition of Enterprise Customer VPNs and or Managed Network Services from existing copper-based services to NBN-based carriage in a manner that delivers solutions /projects.
You'll have various accountabilities, however some key focuses include:
- Perform Transitional activities with IP networks and associated products
- Configure, test, commission, and accept new customer services and Network elements.
- Complete work to the required quality standards using the agreed tools, and methodology.
- Provide pro-active change management with customers to ensure that customer impact of service/network changes and planned outages are minimised.
- Contribute to architectural and technology discussions with key stakeholders to help in development of new networks where appropriate.
- Complete work assigned by work force management and/or Self assign work from the work queues
- Update Databases and advise Project Managers and internal stakeholders on completion of tasks.
- Deliver technical training, updates & or briefings to staff to ensure understanding of process & procedures.
- Take on complex technical and process issues on behalf of the team and drive to simply.
- Act as a Technical Lead on projects; to plan and deploy both simplex and complex networking solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer-handling skills
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership and drive issues to a successful outcome
We are looking for an individual to hit the ground running, so it is important you can demonstrate the below:
- Possession of an up to date Industry certification for CISCO and Juniper Technologies
- Sound experience regarding IP VPN Network planning and design/implementation
- Demonstrable experience in configuring Cisco/Juniper routers and switches, and performing activations for Telstra managed Enterprise products.
- Demonstrable experience in IPWAN/Layer 2 Carriages, understanding of NBN Carriage/infrastructure architecture knowledge.
- Demonstrable experience designing/implementing Cisco Networks
- Possess a great working knowledge of Telstra Data networking products, LAN/WAN/Wireless/IPTEL technologies
- Mixed Experience in Configuring Cisco/Juniper routers and switches, and performing activations for IPWAN and Managed Network Services.
- Evidence of communicating technical solutions to customers and peers, including excellent communication and customer-handling skills
- Prior experience working with multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to organise time effectively
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with architects, sales and commercial customers
- Experience working to service level agreements (SLA’s) in a pro-active manner and a commitment to achieving results
- Demonstrated ability to work with and obtain relationships with your SME’s to assist in technical discussions
- Exposure working in mid-large corporate customers is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions and have up to date knowledge on the latest industry trends and technology.
- A pro-active nature and a commitment to achieving results; You must be able to demonstrate success in resolving complex problems
- Exposure to Telstra network environment is advantageous
* Note this a fixed term contract with excellent chances of extension.
If you feel that you could be the one and you'd like to express your interest then please reach out by selecting the apply icon below. Feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself and why you're a great Technical Expert - NBN. Take the next step and connect to a future created by you today.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex