Supply Planning Manager
Telstra's Supply Chain team are passionate about creating a brilliant end-to-end customer delivery experience. With our strategic partners we lead on the development of a fully flexible supply chain with agile systems, processes and great people.
We are responsible for supplying all of Telstra’s retail stock from ideation of the first order with our suppliers through to the connection to the network in the consumers’ hands.
We are building an innovative a best in breed Supply Chain team that supports growth and ensures a changing customer engagement model.
Supply Chain is about creating a market-leading experience, getting products to our customers to create brilliant connected experiences
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of a Supply Planning Manager is to provide team engagement and leadership to ensure we have the right devices in the right place at the right time.
You’ll be building and developing a team to reduce total cost and business risks for Telstra, improving the quality of goods and services purchased, and meet agreed timeframes and cost saving targets.
The role requires a passion for providing effective coordination of inbound replenishment and purchase order fulfilment processes across the Retails Supply Chain logistics network.
SOME OF THE SPECIFICS AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage, initiate and drive innovative and cost-effective supply planning, control and optimisation technologies and practices to enhance business standing with customers and stakeholders, and cost control
- Provide specialised technical advice as required
- Manage the implementation of supply chain policies and plans including the development of a scheme that will allow for advance planning for the availability of materials to manage supply and delivery of physical fulfilment requirements (DCs and stores) aligned to supplier delivery and production plans against supplier SLAs
- Work with vendors to ensure integrated supply planning, high supplier DIFOTA and progress supplier integration to optimise transactions
- Lead cross functional project teams
- Manage and monitor the effectiveness of supply chain policies and plans including implementation of any remedial actions to address any emerging shortages or over stocks to inventory policies which might adversely impact results
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers to increase engagement and collaboration
- Accountable for applying procurement processes to procurement opportunities
- Manage the ongoing development of supply chain policies and plans through continuous improvement initiatives to sustain a high level of best practice supply management planning (e.g. supply, production and store replenishment)
- Review data and reports on key performance metrics to improve service levels, improve performance, conduct impacts analyses, determine root causes and improvement areas that may contribute to lower supply chain costs, devise corrective actions and provide recommendations
- Manage demand scheduling and kitting/capacity requirements to ensure stock quantities are adequate to support sales and customer demand based on demand forecasting requirements, and identify, raise and act on current and potential product shortages
- Identify supply chain realities by identifying materials required for product, checking material specifications, and defining production balance and controls
- Provide input to relevant supply volumes and issues, S&OP planning, and budgeting processes in relation to historical and forecast logistics costs, investment needs and service delivery performance
- Maintain regular communications with other team managers to ensure strategic alignment of Retail Supply Chain business outcomes.
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A minimum of five years relevant experience within Retail/FMCG or other world class supply chain environment
- 5* Microsoft Excel skills, Demand & Supply Planning Systems experience(e.g. JDA, Gains, Oracle), ERP Software knowledge and Material & Inventory Management Systems experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience in a previous people management role
- A successful track record in managing supply planning within dynamic supply chain and customer environment. Demonstrated contemporary functional supply chain knowledge and application within a complex environment, including multi-side knowledge
- Relevant supply chain qualifications (APICS or similar).
- The ability to communicate with Senior Executive staff and gain their support on initiatives. A clear communication style being able to articulate reasons for decision making
- Continuous improvement mindset and demonstrated understanding of supply chain metrics and improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of the physical logistics networks, supply management policies and practices, and third party commercial arrangements
- A high level of knowledge in the supply chain requirements, product and distribution requirement plans
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
If you have the drive and passion for delivering a brilliant, memorable and unique customer experience, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of a team where you're trusted to deliver, empowered to achieve, and developed to reach your full potential – this could be the perfect role for you!
So what are you waiting for? It's time to connect to a future created by you.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex