Supply Planner X2
In Telstra's Supply Chain team, we are responsible for Supply Chain management of third party goods and services for Telstra.
We strive to create a brilliant end-to-end customer delivery experience. With our strategic partners we lead on the development of a fully flexible supply chain with agile systems, processes and great people.
We are innovative and build a best in breed Supply Chain team that supports growth and ensures a changing customer engagement model.
Supply Chain is about creating a market-leading experience, getting products to our customers to create brilliant connected experiences
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Supply Planners is to optimise replenishment to meet the demands of the channels, and to continue to optimise replenishment parameters to meet the needs of the business.
They would work collaboratively with suppliers and key stakeholders and determine code beneficial initiatives to drive value.
The role is also to create and manage all purchase orders, inclusive of ensuring that all purchase orders are expedited on time to meet customer demand.
SOME OF THE SPECIFICS AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support and initiate innovative and cost-effective supply planning, control and optimisation technologies and practices to enhance business and standing with customers and stakeholders.
- Manage product life cycles in regards to sourcing, cost, technology and inventory levels whilst maintaining product turnover and minimising stock obsolescence
- Analyse and make recommendations to process and system enhancements that support supply and demand forecasts and planning
- Support the ongoing development of supply chain policies and plans through continuous improvement initiatives to sustain a high level of best practice supply management planning (e.g. supply, production and store replenishment).
- Work with demand planners to ensure correct inventory levels are maintained to minimise cost and maximise customer service.
- Work with vendors to ensure integrated supply planning and work through the CPFR process to ensure all vendor KPIs are met and opportunities optimised.
- Support activities in supply replenishment to ensure stock quantities are adequate to support sales and customer demand based on demand forecasting requirements, and identify, raise and action current and potential product shortages.
- Closely monitor daily draws for new products to ensure rapid action.
- Work with logistics partners to work on capacity constraints while meeting costs and customer service levels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers to increase engagement and collaboration.
- Maintain product and vendor master data to ensure system drives optimised replenishment plans out to 24 months.
- Analyse and monitor purchase order data and reports to determine improvement areas that may contribute to lower supply chain costs.
- Provide reports to management as required
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A minimum of two to three years relevant experience within Retail/FMCG or other world class supply chain environment
- ERP Software knowledge and experience
- A successful track record in supply planning within dynamic supply chain and customer environment
- Acquire knowledge of supply chain requirements, product and distribution requirement plans
- A relevant supply chain qualifications (APICS or similar)
- 5* Microsoft Excel skill
- Knowledge of the physical logistics networks, supply management policies and practices, and third party commercial arrangements
- Demonstrated contemporary functional supply chain knowledge and application within a complex environment, including multi-side knowledge
- Material & Inventory Management Systems
- Knowledge of Material & Inventory Management Systems
- A bachelor degree would be preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain metrics and improvement initiatives
- Experience using Demand & Supply Planning Systems (e.g. JDA, Gains, Oracle, SAP)
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
If you have the drive and passion for delivering a brilliant, memorable and unique customer experience, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of a team where you're trusted to deliver, empowered to achieve, and developed to reach your full potential – this could be the perfect role for you!
So what are you waiting for? It's time to connect to a future created by you.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex