Who We Are:
Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company employing over 37,000 staff, being the most well-known brand in the technology and communications industry.
We offer a full range of services and compete in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia, providing more than 9.6 million Australian fixed line and 12.2 million mobile services.
Adding to Telstra's portfolio of well-known Australian organisations, Defence has signed a $1.1 billion agreement with Telstra for the provision of telecommunications services.
The agreement will enable Defence to transform its communications technology including better integrating fixed telecommunications with satellite and tactical networks.
Telstra's aim is to deliver technology that can become the backbone of Australian Defence for the next decade and beyond. The agreement represents the largest customer undertaking in Telstra's history and will support military operations at home and abroad.
We are seeking the most talented people to transform the Defence communication network and take it into another dimension.
The Storage Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for collaborating in the design, configuration and testing of the virtualisation, storage and compute environment across all technology streams for JP2047.
· Collaborate with technology partners and diverse stakeholder groups to develop and implement the best fit for purpose infrastructure and virtualisation solution.
· Assist in the development of a standardised virtualisation platform capable of providing high availability across a geographically diverse data centre for different applications and databases.
· Assist in the development of the backup, archive and storage policies and strategies across the JP2047 data centre environment.
· Assist in the development of lifecycle management plans for the continued support of the data centre environment.
· Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation.
· Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
· Experience working with VMWare virtualisation installation / configuration / administration.
· Knowledge of SAN/NAS technologies including backup and archiving.
· Experience and high level operational knowledge of contemporary IT infrastructure and operating systems, including:
o Backup software
o Linux/ Unix
o Active Directory
· Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
· 2-5 years practical experience in hands-on IT &/or Engineering roles expected.
· Solid track record of technical achievement working with Infrastructure and Virtualisation technology
· Experience in NetApp and CommVault storage and backup technologies
· Solving problems of moderate complexity
· Maintaining stakeholder relationships
· Understanding of OSS and orchestration
· Experience working with Citrix technology
· Familiarity with the Defence systems engineering environment
Candidates must be Australian Citizens and have current Baseline clearance minimum to be considered. This role will require you to hold and maintain an Australian Government NV1 security clearance.
Telstra is a diverse and inclusive organisation - women are highly encouraged to apply! A career at Telstra can lead down many paths. There is a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills, but you will also have the chance to learn from the best people everyday. There are a range of lifestyle products and services that you can access through our “My Rewards” program, options to purchase additional leave, paid parental leave and the list goes on. And in case you haven't heard we're well known in the market for our best in class flexible working practices.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex