Software Integration & Development Specialist – IMS
About the Company:
Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and technology company, offering a full range of communications services and competing in all telecommunications markets. In Australia we provide 17.7 million retail mobile services, 4.9 million retail fixed voice services and 3.6 million retail fixed broadband services. This role will focus on timely delivery of innovative and quality IMS products for our customers.
About the Role:
You will provide assistance in specialist analysis, design, development and deployment in IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) technology domains, having due regard for how this technology inter-works with other technologies, to deliver products and infrastructure to defined service level standards.
- Assist in developing, deploying, and improve Ericsson IMS network element technologies and their interaction with Telstra processes and systems to deliver products and services to customer business units
- Assist in the translation of business requirements to deliver network elements into realisable products, services, or systems and/or networks infrastructure in a timely, high quality and cost effective way to ensure the operational capability to deliver
- Assess capability of vendor solutions and offerings to meet business requirements and manage vendor technology delivery.
- Ensure technology solutions are integrated with Telstra’s activation, assurance and billing processes and systems, and meet operational requirements.
- Assist with the development of technology guidelines and standards in the design and deployment of technology.
- Ensure application of Telstra Change Management process in the deployment of updates to IMS
- Develop high quality deployment procedures and the documentation associated with those procedures
- Ensure the implementation of change does not have a negative impact upon customer service
- Develop and maintain processes to expand the knowledge base of the IMS Technology group
- HSE Responsibility: Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of IMS principles and IMS configuration used to drive that capability
- Capability to prepare, use and maintain clear documentation on configuration of IMS
- Strong capability to use the Telstra IMS models to develop changes
- Strong capability to produce Ericsson SBG configuration, particularly SMM rules
- Capability to using all access types (VOLTE, NBN, Skype, Satellite) to test of IMS Configuration and Software changes
- Strong capability to use tools like IRIS to trace calls and identify how configuration needs to be changed to achieve an outcome
- Strong understanding of SIP and Diameter protocols in order to identify faults in calls cases.
- Capable to investigate, using documentation and the vendor to build configuration change
- Capable of using IP networks to connect to IMS elements and maintain that connectivity regime
- Capable of using UNIX and its utilities to trace and facilitate change development
Salary: 90-100K p/a Fixed Remuneration
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex