Software Configuration Manager
Who We Are:
Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company employing over 37,000 staff, being the most well known brand in the technology and communications industry.
We offer a full range of services and compete in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia, providing more than 9.6 million Australian fixed line and 12.2 million mobile services.
Adding to Telstra's portfolio of well-known Australian organisations, Defence has signed a $1.1 billion agreement with Telstra for the provision of telecommunications services.
The agreement will enable Defence to transform its communications technology including better integrating fixed telecommunications with satellite and tactical networks.
Telstra's aim is to deliver technology that can become the backbone of Australian Defence for the next decade and beyond. The agreement represents the largest customer undertaking in Telstra's history and will support military operations at home and abroad.
We are seeking the most talented people to transform the Defence communication network and take it into another dimension.
To provide specialist analysis, design, development and deployment in network and other technology domains, including developing platform specific technology roadmaps and making technology investment recommendations, having due regard for how this technology inter-works with other technologies, to deliver products and infrastructure to defined service level standards.
What are the key responsibilities and job tasks for this role?
Perform the following assignments individually or as part of a team:
Carry out and/or lead highly complex engineering assignments requiring advanced systems engineering knowledge and expertise. This will include performing and leading:
- Software configuration management and regular build production for the various software components in both Windows and Linux environment
- Specific experience in Clearcase, including administration, user management and troubleshooting
- Experience with parallel software development, particularly with ClearCase branching and merging methods
- Expert knowledge of Ant, Bash and PowerShell scripting languages
- Extensive experience in building software packages for both Linux and Windows platforms (rpm and msi)
- Knowledge of SVN and GIT for the purpose of audit and review
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to produce WIKI pages
- Knowledge of IT systems, virtualisation, and data centres
- Extensive experience in all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) on Windows and UNIX platforms using Agile and Waterfall development processes
- Ability to lead a team of professional engineers, including subcontractors in achieving assigned project objectives and be responsible for technical, cost and schedule performance
- Create, participate in, and take responsibility for project planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Act as the internal and external customer advocate to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction is being achieved
- Identify, build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of enterprise
- Develop and revise software and system technical documentation
- Coach and mentor staff to develop their skills and capabilities, enabling value add to the business
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, environment, safety, duty of care, and the quality management system
- Display behaviours that reflect the Telstra values
- Communicate with multiple business and technical subject matter experts to drive technical outcomes to meet the specified business requirements
- Provide quality advice based on technical knowledge;
- Working with the Customer and each Technology Manager develop end to end product infrastructure and technology roadmaps for the DTCN that leverage opportunities from evolving and future technologies whilst ensuring integration opportunities and needs are maximised;
- You visibly and proactively demonstrate commitment to the health and safety of employees, contractors, suppliers, the community by eliminating or, if not reasonably practicable, minimising health, safety and environmental risks.
Candidates must be Australian Citizens to be considered. This role will require you to hold and maintain an Australian Government Baseline security clearance.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex