World Class organisations are driven by a sense of purpose... Our purpose is to create a brilliant connected future for everyone! Our ambition is to enrich lives and power commerce. It's why we're constantly finding better ways to serve our customers and why we're building new ways to support our clients doing business. To support such a vision, we are currently seeking a Project Coordinator who will significantly contribute to Telstra’s growing Enterprise within the Business Technology Services (BTS), Project Services Team.
This role is accountable for the delivery of Work Packages and Small Projects within the Project Services Team, executing allocated project tasks to agreed quality standards and timeframes, maintaining project tools and records, and reporting on the status of project tasks
This customer facing role will work with Design Team resources, Project Co-ordinators, Subject Matter Experts and other Telstra staff across Telstra Enterprise & Government, Network Enterprise Services, Service Operations and Service Delivery
Develops and implements plans to achieve a specific scope that is driven by the objectives of its project. It is largely concerned with achieving specific deliverables that support the scope of works.
As a Project Coordinator the role is also accountable and sometimes responsible for delivery of Shared Functions – meaning delivery of key project management tasks on behalf of other Practices staff.
The role is accountable for the successful delivery of Projects, implementing to time, cost and quality metrics. The role is accountable for the financial management, resource management, delivery, reporting and governance across customer projects.
- Ensure that all established Microsoft Project Schedules and timelines are followed effectively and escalations are in place to Management where slippages of milestones are identified.
- Monitor and report on the status of milestones and all key elements of the project.
- Coordinate with Program Managers, Project Managers and Senior Management to discuss progress and find solutions to scheduling issues.
- Ensure that change requests are formalised and applied to the schedule.
- Working with the Project Manager and/or PMO to develop and establish the Governance framework for the Program.
- Governance reporting to be updated per PMO guidelines
- Work with key stakeholders to develop / amend process as part of the project deliverables.
- Produce Process Documentation and step by step work flows when required
- Pro-actively share knowledge with other staff within the Project Coordinator Centre of Excellence
- Work with the stakeholders to agree the required scope and budget for the program.
- Research and gain an understanding of Cost Management formulas
- Produce monthly cost tracking report to Management with analysis of the cost status.
- Ad hoc analysis (Financial, Process & Project Risk)
- Consolidate varied streams of information through analysis, creating required documentation/reporting based upon findings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peer groups and key internal stakeholders, especially the Project Management team
- Manage customer relationships and expectations in relation to the delivery of the project plan for small projects.
- Manage the cost, quality and timeliness of outputs of third party suppliers contributing to project deliverables
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or equivalent certification
- Tertiary education, Business or Science Degree. (desirable)
- ITIL Certification (v2 or v3), v3 (desirable)
- Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) Certification (desirable)
- Project experience on Network Infrastructure and Service Management in line with Telstra offerings
- Solving problems of moderate complexity
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Excellent document control and management skills including writing and reviewing project documentation, schedules, time & expense reports and resource forecasts
- Previous Project Coordination experience in a complex environment
- Contribution to business improvement initiatives
- MS Project & SharePoint experience essential
- Word, Excel & PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- Visio (desirable)
- Strong administration, time and stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Telstra projects & services – awareness of
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools such as Services+ (SAP) and MS Project.
Security Clearance Needed
- Baseline Security clearance (mandatory)
Benefits and Career Path:
A career at Telstra can lead down many paths. There is a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills, but you will also have the chance to learn from the best people every day. Not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary package, but there are a range of lifestyle products and services that you can access through our “my rewards” program, options to purchase additional leave, paid parental leave and the list goes on. And in case you haven't heard we're well known in the market for our best in class flexible working practices!
We work flexibly at Telstra. Tell us how this job could be flexible for you.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex