Do you want to break into large scale network engineering supporting one of Australia's big 4 banks? Are you interested in joining an awesome team of specialist engineers?
The Telstra Global Services business is embarking on an exciting high scale growth as we continue to deliver exceptional first class business and technology solutions. To do this, we’re on the hunt for a number of eager to learn, customer centric Network Services Engineers to join our growing Network Engineering team on a permanent full-time basis.
As part of the Sydney Network Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to be mentored and trained by Telstra’s high performing Network Specialists to implement complex technical solutions and provide project support on a number of customer networks, infrastructure, applications, products and services supplied and operated by Telstra.
Key accountabilities include:-
- Support the implementation of complex projects
- Undertake simple designs and integrations in a less structured environment that takes account of cost and benefits of projects over an extended time frame.
- Generate implementation and test plans
- Generate network configurations from Detailed Designs
- Provide input into and maintain technical documentation and procedures.
- Anticipate, mitigate and solve any service disruptions due to implementation work
- Execute project delivery including network and security devices staging, implementation and handover to BAU
- Conduct Network Upgrade and Migration Activities
- Work with Solution Architects and Senior Engineers to assess capability of vendor solutions and offerings to meet business requirements and manage vendor technology delivery (including resource estimations).
What does success looks like?
To be successful for this role, you will have the following:
- Experience in a mid-level Network Engineering role (2+ years of experience)
- You will have a continuous improvement mindset to drive and implement initiatives
- You have an understanding of Agile methodology and its application to technical projects
- You are curious and proactive - seek to continually improve and build on your skills and capabilities
- You take a proactive approach to sharing knowledge with other peers and team members to improve skills and capabilities across all teams, customers, technology domains, and project activities
- You see a manual workflow as an automation opportunity
- Engineer / Professional-Level industry experience and/or qualifications (eg. Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching)
- An understanding of IP/routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L2/L3 VPNs, Routing Policy, Ipv6, Multicast and QoS
- An understanding of Layer 2 protocols and technologies including: Ethernet Switching and Spanning Tree
What can we offer you?
If you’ve ever considered a career with Telstra, there’s no better time to take the first step. We’re an iconic Australian company with a rich heritage that been built for over 100 years. As one of Australia’s top employers, we’ve got you covered with exceptional benefits. These include flexibility on all roles, fantastic growth opportunities in over 20+ countries and an impressive suite of corporate discounts to suit everyone!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex