Telstra's Supply Chain team are passionate about creating a brilliant end-to-end customer delivery experience. With our strategic partners we lead on the development of a fully flexible supply chain with agile systems, processes and great people.
We are responsible for supplying all of Telstra’s retail stock from ideation of the first order with our suppliers through to the connection to the network in the consumers’ hands.
We are building an innovative a best in breed Supply Chain team that supports growth and ensures a changing customer engagement model.
Supply Chain is about creating a market-leading experience, getting products to our customers to create brilliant connected experiences
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of a Demand Planner is to deliver and coordinate demand forecasts to optimise product availability, inventory and optimal customer service standards. Working with the channel, products and devices teams to integrate promotional plans, market intelligence, competitor activity, marketing and environmental aspects to create a robust demand plan for the business to agree on.
It will involve creating a rolling sales forecast and conducting analysis of the market data, historical trends and promotional calendars to make recommendations and challenge the sales forecast.
The role will ensure go-to-market activity is represented in the demand plan, and the statistical forecast baseline is within bias tolerances.
SOME OF THE SPECIFICS AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Initiate, manage and support demand forecasting and planning to ensure the most accurate forecast in a timely manner to allow continuous supply of all SKUs in the most efficient method and enhance business and standing with customers and business networks
- Identify demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation plans to address any emerging shortages which might adversely impact results
- Ensuring you can obtain stakeholder buy-in from the plans to have one agreed forecast
- Initiate, manage and support the ongoing development of supply chain policies and plans through continuous improvement initiatives to enhance forecast accuracy to ensure customer service levels are exceeded if not met
- Work closely with internal customers in the channels to understand drivers and behaviours, usage elasticity, and degree of variability – using this to estimate future demand and inform go-to-market activity
- Engage with a range of stakeholders to understand consumer insights
- Conduct analysis of market data, historical trends and promotional calendars to understand demand patterns and make recommendations and challenge the sales forecast to improve service levels
- Provide support in developing seasonal demand forecasts and anticipate customers’ reactions to promotions and discounts
- Clean historical data to ensure stable statistical forecast that will inform the development of a demand plan
- Obtain agreement with Channels team on forward forecast using data and insights, to drive new products mobilisation and end of life
- Manage store level forecast data and reports by creating rolling sales forecast. Measure and improve on forecast accuracy to optimise inventory control
- Support the S&OP process to move Telstra Retail to advanced IBP
- Provide input to relevant business sales and operations planning, and budgeting processes in relation to historical and forecast costs, investment needs and service delivery performance, to integrate into the S&OP/IBP process
- Create scenario planning forecasts for new products and promotions to create data and insights into decision making forums and have the ability to easily justify assumptions and create trust and commitment to the information provided
- Identify and generate purchase recommendations that meet enterprise standards for price, quality and delivery
- Develop stakeholder relationships to generate product supply and demand plans incorporating new product launches
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A successful track record in managing inventory planning within dynamic supply chain and customer environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge on gaining stakeholder trust and buy-in
- A certificate of completion at secondary education level. Degree qualified preferred.
- Knowledge of the physical logistics networks, demand planning policies and practices, and third party commercial arrangements
- Demonstrated contemporary functional supply chain demand planning and distribution knowledge and application within a complex environment, including multi-site knowledge
- Relevant supply chain qualifications (APICS or similar)
- Demonstrated knowledge of S&OP/IBP practices
- A minimum of two to three years relevant experience within Retail/FMCG or other world class supply chain environment
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain metrics and improvement initiatives
- A mathematical mind and way of working
- ERP Software knowledge and experience
- Demand & Supply Planning Systems (e.g. JDA, Gains, Oracle)
- Microsoft Office Suite skills specifically Excel
- Material & Inventory Management Systems knowledge
- A self-starter, passionate work ethic
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
If you have the drive and passion for delivering a brilliant, memorable and unique customer experience, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of a team where you're trusted to deliver, empowered to achieve, and developed to reach your full potential – this could be the perfect role for you!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex