Continuous Improvement Delivery Lead X2
In Telstra's Supply Chain team, we are responsible for Supply Chain management of third party goods and services for Telstra.
We strive to create a brilliant end-to-end customer delivery experience. With our strategic partners we lead on the development of a fully flexible supply chain with agile systems, processes and great people.
We are innovative and build a best in breed Supply Chain team that supports growth and ensures a changing customer engagement model.
Supply Chain is about creating a market-leading experience, getting products to our customers to create brilliant connected experiences
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Continuous Improvement Delivery Lead is to optimise the supply chain operations and planning functions to meet customer experience and business requirements by analysing data, aligning to channel roadmaps, finding improvement opportunities and delivering the execution of the improvements.
You will work on the governance of risk mitigation of the end to end supply chain, being expected to hit the ground running and stick to an aggressive agenda within a new team
SOME OF THE SPECIFICS AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Taking an end to end supply chain lens - Ensure innovative and cost-effective strategic planning, control and optimisation and practices through CI initiatives to create an efficient supply chain and enhance business, standing and experience with customers and business networks
- Deliver CI roadmap items including short and long term initiatives, business modelling, setting benefits targets and tracking to these
- Development and delivery of continuous improvement and change management initiatives to support service improvement and performance
- Deliver on process re-engineering in targeted areas across supply chain
- Recommend opportunities for improvement areas that may contribute to lower supply chain costs
- Support supply chain and channel sales strategy to achieve target business outcomes
- Play a key role in delivering 3PL transition and cutover. Manage hypercare activities post-transition and the handover to Operations BAU
- Track measurable performance indicators. Lead all size project delivery through to handover to Operations BAU
- Update the methodology to best track savings generated through supply chain network changes and sustain a high level of best practice network operations planning
- Identify and report on supply chain risk and associated controls and mitigation plans
- Seek performance reviews at each intersection and communication channels to determine effectiveness of operations to check if it is meeting demands of customers and relevant stakeholders
- Analyse network performance and data reports which requires gathering and manipulating input data often consisting of large amounts of information
- Provide network performance reports to management as required
- Engage and build ongoing partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure agreement and realisation of sound operational outcomes
- Provide leadership in developing operational logistics performance process improvements to deliver logistics solutions in the achievement of Telstra’s customer service and financial targets
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable Telstra HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support Telstra to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A minimum of three years relevant experience within Retail/FMCG sector/industry
- Previous experience working in a lean environment and delivering on continuous improvement initiatives
- Microsoft Office Suite – Highly proficient in Powerpoint and Excel
- Highly proficient in verbal and written communication
- Strong story telling skills
- Warehouse and transport management experience
- A sustained high level of knowledge of supply chain operations requirements, product and distribution requirement plans
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to strict timelines
- A HSC / VCE equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated contemporary functional supply chain strategic planning and distribution knowledge and application within a complex environment, including regional and multi-site knowledge
- A SixSigma or Lean qualification preferred
- A successful track record in strategic planning within dynamic supply chain and customer environment where shelf life is a constraint
- Strong presentation skills
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
If you have the drive and passion for delivering a brilliant, memorable and unique customer experience, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of a team where you're trusted to deliver, empowered to achieve, and developed to reach your full potential – this could be the perfect role for you!
So what are you waiting for? It's time to connect to a future created by you.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex