Senior Business Analyst, Credit Risk - Sydney (12 month contract)
The Credit Risk division of our Risk Management Group (RMG) is looking for a motivated and experienced Business Analyst to join our multi-year program of work which is delivering enhancements to our current credit risk processes and systems.
The role is based in Sydney and includes process design with a primary focus on our counterparty monitoring and problem asset workstreams. A background in credit risk in an investment bank would be preferable but other backgrounds will be considered.
- Identify, assess and document required changes in systems and processes
- Recommend priorities and advise on options, highlighting risks and costs versus benefits of proposed solutions
- Work with technology and business teams to deliver agreed changes
- Provide regular reporting of progress to management and project stakeholders, across all levels of the organization
- Work with the project team on agreeing and documenting a change management plan
- Identify, communicate and manage risks to delivering solutions
Desired skills and experience include:
- This is a role requiring a minimum of 5 years' experience in a BA role within Financial Services. Project experience in credit risk is highly desirable.
- Exposure to and involvement in process and technology improvement projects.
- Ability to leverage proven techniques to elicit and analyse business needs; ability to provide key input into solutions that meet and often exceed client needs.
- Ability to produce strawman proposals to lead requirements discussions and ability to challenge users' requirements.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts.
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to view the bigger picture, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with geographically dispersed stakeholders, and the ability to effectively manage multiple pieces of work concurrently.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers . Contact email@example.com if you have any questions, and please Apply Online today.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.