Project Manager - Return To Work
Global Job – Summary
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of projects throughout their lifecycle. They are responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order meeting project objectives. The Project Manager provides leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. They also ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
The Project Manager may be asked to assists during the Opportunity Management Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal or completing specific proposal deliverables - especially in the area of delivery model, project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The Project Manager has ability to manage projects that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Consulting Delivery, SLO, Cloud Delivery (including HEC), CoE, and SAP Support organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
- Define appropriate delivery model for customer project as a composition of pre-defined services, on-site and/or remote delivery
- Scope and estimate the engagement
- Determine required resources for the project
- Understand and be able to deliver according to the SAP delivery models – e.g. ability to engage local, near-shore and off-shore teams for most efficient delivery of project, ability to coordinate project delivery across organizational boundaries including participation of SAP ecosystem partners.
- Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement
- Position SAP delivery methodology – SAP Activate in the engagement
- Conduct project planning activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to closing…)
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress, risks and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
- Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
- Experience in delivering SAP primed Fixed Price Projects (FPP) or Time and Material (T&M) engagements.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Escalate issues early about the project to account management or delivery management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in SAP Activate methodology.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
Coaching & Mentoring
- Position project management reviews with customers and effectively manages their deployment.
- Mentor project teams to ensure implementation of enterprise project management methodology, standards and processes.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members’ work; provide performance input to project team members’ functional management.
- Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community.
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
Industry and Solution Experience
- Experience in the industry the customer belongs to (core processes and trends of the industry) is a plus
- Proficient understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
- Experience in cloud computing delivery models (e.g. public and on-premise hybrid-cloud solutions), cloud computing platforms (e.g. PaaS, IaaS), cloud-related security principles, cloud computing trends and innovation technologies (e.g. Big Data, Machine Learning, IoT, Blockchain)
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project management business unit.
- Proficiency with project management tools used in SAP.
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Ability to negotiate consensus amongst diverse groups and impact the activities of others not in own reporting structure.
- Conceptual analytical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and team members.
Job Tasks & Roles related to Integration Project / Program Management
- Agile Project Management
- Bid Management
- Customer Service Management AMS
- Delivery Executive
- Delivery Manager
- Program Management
- Project Lead
- Project Management
- Project Management in Cloud Projects
- Manage Delivery of Service Products
- Project Management in Custom Development Projects
- Project Management Office
- QA Review
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Management
- Ramp-Up Coaching
- Risk Management
- SAP Activate
- S/4HANA Implementation
- Steering Board Membership
Experience & Educational Requirements
Experience & Language Requirements
- 3 – 5 years of project management experience in project implementations using formal project management methodology, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
- Some international implementation experience is a plus
Management and Leadership Experience
- Management experience in managing small to medium size teams or organizations
- Management experience of medium size multilayered team is desirable
- Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization) is a plus
- P&L of LoB in small to medium size organization is desirable
- Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
- Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
- Experience leading in matrix organization without formal authority is a plus
- Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience
Professional Training & Certification
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications an asset
- PM Fundamentals class certification or similar
- Project Leadership Excellence (PLEX), Excellence in Delivery Management (EDM) or similar interpersonal skills course
- SAP Activate certification C_ACT_2016 SAP Activate Project Manager
- Agile Project Management
- Understanding of SAP Solution Manager
- Project Management Tools (PEM, PtD, etc.)
- One Service Enablement Courses
- SAP S/4HANA Training Programs – including management of digital transformation projects, management of projects with Premium Engagement, Enterprise Support, Custom Development, System Landscape Optimization, Cloud (SaaS), HANA Enterprise Cloud and internet of things projects