Sales Development Representative/Consultant
Are you a self starter with high energy who is hungry for challenges?
- Do you have the knack to "sell ice to eskimos" ?
- Want to be part of an awesome and collaborative culture within a growing company?
If the answers to these is YES, then we would love to talk to you about joining our fantastic, growing team in Australia. Your mission would be to uncover, qualify and set the foundation for advancing the opportunities through the sales funnel, ensuring an awesome deal for all involved. This is a critical first impressions position with quota-carrying responsibility for generating net-new sales pipeline each quarter.
We expect results at Phocas, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your paid leave, holidays, and superannuation benefits, we provide a heap of perks which include:
Money: Competitive ‘dosh’ and a chance to share in our success
Fun / Fulfilling: Awesome culture and meaningful work
Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your own
Growth: Opportunity to be more – for you and the business
Wellness: We believe in a real work life balance and have a strong family orientated culture
Location: You could be living in one of our great cities, or in Orange - a modern country town, but working for a cutting-edge software company - enjoy a comfortable commute to the office, cheaper living, relaxed environment, fresh air, and a strong community that only a country town can offer.
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
What you get to do in this role:
- Reach out to potential customers via telephone and email, to articulate Phocas' value proposition through creating a meaningful first impression and gain interest, then qualify as a lead, for advancing in the funnel to the Sales Consultants for closing
- Focus on understanding a customers organizational business drivers, challenges, pain points and how Phocas solutions can map to these
- Set appointments with prospects for further exploration with our experienced Sales Consultants.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing contacts through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Maintain, develop and grow a robust pipeline, including partnering with Field Marketing team, to develop creative approaches and campaigns to drive pipeline
- Help with building strategic target account lists and other research projects
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives (qualified leads delivered and conversion of those qualified leads into closed business)
- Attend company and industry wide events
- Maintain accurate record of calls, activities and sales in HubSpot
This role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Orange
As our successful candidate, you will be an experienced professional, with high energy, and a motivated team player who is interested in building a career, while helping to grow the business.
- 2+ years’ experience of business development/ inside sales/telesales in a high volume, fast paced environment and ideally in a B2B environment
- Ideally - B2B software experience targeting manufacturing or wholesale/distribution industries.
- Well developed consultative selling skills
- Experience of selling software or computer related products.
- Proven track record of exceeding results
- Self driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook go get/do mentality
- Tenacious and dependable
- Inquisitive nature to understand the customer’s needs and wants and current situation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels particularly in the C Suite