Senior Tax Accountant
Uncomplicated Accounting – it sounds more like the name of a band than a way of life for a business. But that's exactly what we at Orbit Accounting pride ourselves on.
We're on the lookout for a superstar accountant who is organised, confident, tech savvy, outgoing and proactive to join our team in Randwick, Sydney's Eastern Suburbs.
If you love helping people, problem solving, technology and look forward to coming to work each day, then keep reading.
You will be responsible for working closely with our clients in a range of portfolios, including family groups and small-medium businesses.
We are looking for a team member to work 4 days a week (or 5 if you'd like to). Not all of these days have to be working from our office. We are also flexible with start and leave times if you have other morning or afternoon commitments.
You should be amazing at:
- Preparation of financial statements in Xero. Experience with Xero, Xero Tax and workpapers would be beneficial but not crucial (we can teach you)
- Tax compliance for all types of entities including Individuals, Trusts, Companies and Partnerships. SMSF experience would be beneficial
- Preparing strategic advice for client meetings
- Developing relationships with existing and new clients to understand what we can help them with
- Identifying and solving complex tax issues
- Identifying potential opportunities for both new and existing clients
- Identifying and implementing new technologies that can streamline workflow and improve our client's businesses
- Tax planning
- FBT, BAS and IAS preparation
You should also:
- Have had 6 years' experience in a similar role
- Have an accounting/commerce degree as a minimum as well as completion of CPA/CA.
- Be passionate about helping people
- Be able to articulate tax matters in simple, easy to understand way and have an easy going communication style
- Not need someone to manage your workload
- Love learning new things
We want to make sure you're the right fit for our team, so during the interview process we ask a few questions to ensure you are stepping into the perfect role and that you'll work well with our existing team and clients.
We are a fun and relaxed bunch of accountants, bookkeepers and SMSF administrators. We seriously love our jobs and our clients but we also believe there has to be a work/life balance to remain happy and healthy.
Pro-Rata $80 - $100K Package.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 02 9314 2025.
Cover Letters should be addressed to Amelia Carey.