Laboratory Technician - Chemistry
Laboratory Analyst – Chemistry
12 month contract
- Join the leading FMCG company in Nutrition, Health, and Wellness
- Work with world-class products in an environment where people care
- Build your career with a global organization
Our state of the art Nestlè Quality Assurance Centre (NQAC) Mulgrave team is looking for an experienced laboratory analyst for a 12 month contract role in our Chemistry Lab. Reporting to the Compliance Coordinator – Chemistry, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Validation and Implementation of Vitamins (fat and water soluble) and Amino Acid methods towards day to day analysis, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform routine analysis using instrumentation and wet chemistry techniques
- Maintaining equipment in working order according to the laboratory internal control program
- Preparation of SOP's and technical Documents.
- Participate in problem solving routines and maintain work area according to 5S principles
- Participating in internal laboratory, factory laboratory and 3rd Party laboratory audits.
- High Attention to detail is extremely crucial.
This is a chance to join a close-knit motivated and professional team at NQAC, where we provide analytical services to Nestle factories and co-manufacturers in the Oceania region.
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Chemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in a commercial Chemistry Laboratory or a laboratory that handles routine analysis.
- Experience in a food laboratory working with HPLC, LC MS/MS and knowledge of basic preventative maintenance on these instruments.
- Able to work independently as well as being a good team player.
- Familiarity with software for controlling analytical instruments e.g. Chemstation for HPLC
- Good time management skills, the ability to multi task.
- Experience in vitamins analysis in food matrix using these techniques is a must.
- Experience using a Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) system.
- A genuine interest in the Food Industry with Tertiary qualifications in Chemistry or related.
- Previous experience in a NATA accredited or TGA licensed laboratory will be preferred.
Your analytical mindset, attention to detail, and desire for continuous improvement is imperative; as is your organizational, technical, and communication skills.
Nestlé enjoys a reputation as one of the world’s largest FMCGs, and a leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Our inclusive and high performance culture is a testament to the great training, development, rewards and recognition we extend to every member of our 5,000-strong Oceania workforce.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in the big picture of the success of the Nestlè product range throughout the Oceania region. A rare opportunity to make a difference in one of the globe’s most progressive employers.
Interested? Apply online to submit your application.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have permanent residency.
No agency applications.
For more information please visit our website @ www.nestle.com.au/careers
or Our LinkedIn page http://www.linkedin.com/company/nestle-s-a- Nestlé Oceania believes diversity in our business is an asset that impacts the way we think and the way we work together. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that respects all cultures, different ways of thinking and supports our people to perform at their best and develop to their full potential