We encourage our employees to help architect the future direction of our business. Deloitte’s differentiation rests on the diverse capabilities of our people, and we encourage focus on the “we” rather than the “I”. In this role, you’ll be joining a team that creatively works through complex issues to provide a fresh approach. About our team:
The National Finance team are responsible for providing financial and strategic support to our internal client teams, including month-end accounting, forecasting and planning support and ad hoc financial reporting & analysis.
About the role:
- We are looking for a highly motivated accountant to work in our internal Finance team.
- The ICS Finance team provides specialist support to Deloitte’s internal and client facing Business Units. This accountant role reports into one of the teams Senior Consultants, and will work closely with them to directly support a number of business areas, along with broader team objectives.
- You will be responsible for aspects of the planning & forecasting processes, and will undertake certain ad hoc modelling, analysis and reporting activities that support the CFO and COO agenda.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that financial results for your specific service lines have integrity.
- Ensuring financial reports and analysis are delivered in a timely manner.
- Working within the tight deadlines of the month-end process, applying detailed investigation and logical reasoning skills, and escalating to the Senior Consultant any large foreseeable financial impacts before month-end close
- Requirement to review, analyse and compare variances against your plans
- Responsibility for ensuring that the financial plans are appropriately built up, working closely with your internal leads and directors (as appropriate) to complete
- Developing strong business relationships with the key stakeholders
- Actively participating in National Finance and corporate initiatives that support the strategies
- Provision of financial & commercial information and support to the internal leads
- Escalation of all issues in a timely manner
- Ensure that you develop your skills and have the necessary tools to meet your key deliverables.
About us: Deloitte Culture
- You will be territory qualified and be in the process or have completed the CA/CPA.
- Solid accounting knowledge and previous experience in financial/ management accounting roles.
- High level of attention to detail, planning and prioritising skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop genuine business partner relationships with stakeholders
- Professionalism and respect for integrity and accuracy of financial results
- Strong drive for continuous growth and development
- Prior experience working in a large, busy and complex environment would be advantageous.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Next steps
If you have questions regarding this role please contact Suzanne Dunne from the Recruitment Team at