Business Services Manager / Senior Accountant / Tax Accountant
At Make Cents Accounting we
help established business owners to grow and protect their assets. We
are external CFOs who design and manage accounting systems that provide
real-time numbers. We create efficiencies and leverage
opportunities that increase cash flow, boost the value of
the business and create personal wealth that enables business owners to
live with financial freedom.
We are a modern accounting firm that chooses to work with like-minded business owners.
We love what we do, and we are motivated by outcomes that
drive success. We don't wear suits or ties. Our approach is more
relaxed. We are versatile, adaptable and open to new thinking.
Manage your own clients while
planning and directing your team of professionals, monitoring their
progress and ensuring our clients needs and best interests are met.
- Manage and administer a portfolio of clients. Providing
technical support, feedback and guidance to team members that work on
- Set, review, meet and oversee productivity and client budget expectations. Ensuring all work is accurately billed.
- Manage and review the planning and delegation of
workflow. Providing technical support, feedback and guidance to team
members when necessary.
- Review of all work delegated to and completed by
Graduates, Accountants, Senior Accountants and Managers. Take full
responsibility and ownership of the completion of delegated jobs. Ensure
that all work is error-free, professionally presented
and complies with our procedures and systems. Take full
responsibility and ownership of the completion of delegated jobs.
- Preparation and review of complex individual, company,
trust, partnership tax returns within extremely limited supervision and
- Advanced working knowledge of GST, Business Activity Statements and Instalment Activity Statements.
- Review of workpapers, analysis of client data and
transactions and setting up accounts onto the accounting package in
accordance with the organisations standards.
- Perform and review compliance and value add work when required.
- In-depth analysis of management reports.
- Identify, oversee and develop existing and potential
business opportunities within our client portfolio to generate
- Detailed knowledge of tax office correspondence and procedures.
- Display a high understanding of company secretarial matters.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant taxation and
other relevant legislation and rulings through attendance of monthly
Professional Development sessions. Run internal training sessions to
ensure knowledge is being transferred to your
- Oversee and assist with research and accurate
interpretation of taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings
for clients when required.
- Other duties as required
Skills and experience
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication
skills, both verbal and written. You will have exceptional time
management and prioritisation skills and you'll also enjoy working with
high calibre clients, problem solving and responding
to a fast paced and changing environment. Your natural
disposition will be positive and happy.
Your formal qualifications will include:
- Bachelor degree in Commerce/Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CA or CPA completed
- Advanced understanding of the Corporations Act, relevant
accounting standards, tax legislation and other research as they relate
to the work undertaken
- Excellent knowledge of taxation legislation
- Excellent use of Xero / MYOB / Excel
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office products