Senior UI Developer
We need you to help us create an exceptional digital experience, unlike the other Australian Banks.
We need you to be innovative, have an entrepreneur’s approach and use creative solutions you’re your work to revolutionise how our customers experience Macquarie Business Banking.
Our team operates like a fully funded agile start-up - we are empowered to innovate and push digital boundaries.
This is a unique position at Macquarie as you will be working on a green field’s project to develop our business banking portal.
- you love technology and enjoy working in a team of digital trend setters
- proactive, responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- strong customer empathy and advocacy to drive whole-team ownership of quality and customer experience.
- a team-first, can-do attitude with a willingness to help in any way possible to achieve the team's goals.
- you are innovative, self-directed, and understand quality assurance procedures and methodologies.
- translating UI/UX wireframes and visual designs to efficient front end application code
- ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX design
- write efficient, clean, tested and documented code ready for reuse by others
- optimising application for maximum speed and scalability across various platforms and devices
- participating in tool and technology selection processes and creating proof of concept models for new technologies and approaches.
- formulate the technical design and evaluate effort estimates
- coordinate with back-end developers in development of RESTful APIs
- creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Delivery environments.
We expect you to have a BTech/BS/BCA/MCA or an equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Technology, and you will also need you to have:
- 3+ years of hands-on working experience as a Frontend developer with a focus on Angular 2+ or ReactJS frameworks
- advanced level proficiency in ES6, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Node.js and either Angular 2+ or reactive front end frameworks
- hands on experience with TDD, specifically Jasmine framework
- experience with automated module bundlers such as Webpack
- experience with source code management workflows across multiple teams with Git
- ability to implement a fully automated CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, from code checking to production deployment
- experience working in fast paced agile delivery environment and manage work via JIRA or a similar tracking tool
- ability to design and implement unit test cases, integration test cases and performance test cases for APIs and UI components
- experience working collaboratively with other engineering teams on a product
- experience creating APIs to support front end features
- practical experience with functional programming concepts will be advantageous.
If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program