Senior Manager Tax Advisory, Sydney or Hong Kong
We are seeking to hire a Senior Manager within Tax Advisory to be based in Hong Kong or Sydney, providing advisory and consulting support primarily to the Macquarie Capital business in Asia.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying key tax issues and providing tax advice primarily to the Macquarie Capital business unit, including the review and approval of structures, new business, new product and acquisition/disposal proposals.
- Working with other members of the Asia tax team to resolve Revenue query letters, tax disputes and tax audits.
- Advising on tax implications of major corporate actions such as restructuring, acquisitions, disposals, capital and profit repatriation.
- Working with the Sydney tax team on indirect tax and employee related tax issues that arise in the region.
- Liaising with Tax and Finance regionally and globally, and with senior management and external tax advisors in Asia.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant or Tax Lawyer with minimum 7 years of experience in Tax within a Chartered Accounting or law practice, or from within a tax division of a large multi-national company
- Tax experience within financial services and more specifically, Mergers & Acquisitions is preferred.
- Ability to understand complex structures and transactions and their tax implications, at both a technical and practical level.
- International/Regional Tax experience in Australia and/or Asia preferred.
- Ability to managed multiple projects and deliverables with an ordered and structured approach
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to various stakeholders (including those with non-tax backgrounds).
- High levels of drive, energy and commitment with the mindset to thrive in a fast paced environment.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.