As our Scrum Master you will be the gatekeeper of our agile practices. You will lead by example, help to nurture the agile mindset and enable the team to thrive. And best of all you will be working with an extremely talented team that is self-motivated to deliver a world class user experience. What are you waiting for?
The key deliverables of this role:
- enable team success by facilitating the environment to release value on time
- use metrics effectively to improve quality and performance and coach the team to achieve the best end result
- organise and support the facilitation of regular ceremonies e.g. daily stand-ups, refinement, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other related ceremonies. Be adept at ensuring these are effective and self-managed
- protect the team from outside distractions and interference's so that they can remain focused on the sprint goals
- working closely with the team and other scrum masters to understand progress, dependencies and impediments to help achieve great client and team outcomes. You will be a key contact point for a wide variety of stakeholders across different levels
- work with the product owner and the team to ensure that features and stories are ready
- management of hiring and contract renewal process. Understand and help the team achieve their key motivations, career objectives and personal improvement needs.
To be successful in this role, we would expect you to have:
- passion to be an Agile advocate
- a strong team player attitude who knows what it takes to be a servant leader
- a passion for technology and a love for agile practices and continuous improvement, you will always be on the lookout to see how we can do something better, quicker with a greater result
- a self-starter, you are proactive and love to get things done. Your high energy, focus and consultative approach will give you the ability to work across multiple streams
- flexibility to deal with conflicting and changing priorities. Comfortable facilitating discussion on alternative approaches
- strong interpersonal, influencing and multi-level stakeholder management skills. Comfortable with managing executives and stakeholders on high profile deliveries
- the ability to assess detailed technical issues as well as to step back and look at the bigger picture
- excellent facilitation, communication and problem-solving skills.
Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS) comprises our retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients. BFS operates predominantly in Australia and is organised into three business divisions: Personal Banking, Wealth Management and Business Banking.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please call Lucy Glover on 02 8232 7742.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.