Relief Executive Assistant
About the Role
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our Macquarie Capital (MacCap) business. Working across our business in a Relief EA capacity, you will provide vital support covering roles which are temporarily vacant due to staff leave or departure. This is a key role ensuring continuity of service in our fast paced and dynamic operation.
- Extensive diary management;
- Acting as coordinator and main point of contact;
- Booking and scheduling extensive travel, including coordination of approvals and preparation of itineraries;
- Email management;
- Processing of purchase orders and expense claims for payment, adhering to expenses policies and procedures;
- Providing assistance with preparation of reports, presentations and other documents.
- Organising ad hoc dinners and events for client entertaining;
- Networking and liaising with clients and/or client EAs and peers internally, both domestically and offshore;
- Maintaining Macquarie's client contact database and ensuring exec contacts are up to date;
- Answering telephones and taking responsibility for follow up actions;
- Managing electronic document and paper files following established Macquarie Capital Document Management procedures; and
- Office administration duties
To be successful in this role, you will be a proactive assistant with a proven track record supporting senior executives. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to liaise and communicate on all levels (written and verbal);
- High level of attention to detail (including spelling and grammar);
- Extensive experience in a professional environment or similar role working one on one with a senior executive;
- Reliable and stable work history;
- Background and/or interest in finance industry highly regarded;
- Advanced level of skill and knowledge in Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong organisational abilities;
- Ability to solve problems and demonstrate initiative;
- Willingness and desire to go above and beyond; and
- Strong customer service focus.
- Must enjoy working with people in an open plan team environment;
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and articulate manner;
- Must be self directed and proactive in anticipating requirements;
- Must be dedicated and able to demonstrate a flexible attitude, working additional hours when required;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with limited supervision, setting own goals and objectives to support broader business objectives;
- Needs to have the drive to probe for additional information to solve problems;
- Focus on customer and client needs, setting high standards for quality and consistency of output; and
- Follows instructions and procedures, keeps to schedules and demonstrates commitment.
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.