Head of Financial Crime & Security - Banking and Financial Services
About the role:
Banking & Financial Services Group (BFS) as a leading provider of financial services in Australia is exposed to variety of financial crime activities. To continue our efforts in protecting our clients and our business from these risks we are looking for an experienced and driven Executive to lead the financial crime prevention activities as Head of Financial Crime & Security.
This newly created position requires experience setting strategy, refining and overseeing governance frameworks, assessing and implementing technological solutions and leading teams.
Reporting to the Head of BFS Risk Central and working with senior leadership across BFS, the position will enhance the financial crime prevention and detection activities within the group. This role will act as the focal point between the operating businesses, Technology, Information Management, Risk, and Legal functions.
- Provide thought leadership and drive the strategy for financial crime prevention within BFS, proactively identifying opportunities to enhance our protection capabilities
- Ongoing close engagement with the Chief Information Security Officer and Product & Technology professionals and drive the technology strategy for crime prevention
- Vendor Management of service providers of fraud prevention and detection technologies and services
- Engage with external organization’s and peers to ensure that BFS efforts to prevent financial crime are market leading
- Ongoing engagement with Macquarie Business Services and Risk Management Group (RMG) on physical security matters
- Work with the operating businesses to ensure the robustness of processes, controls and activities to protect the businesses and clients
- Oversight of a team of professionals that execute fraud prevention, detection and recovery activities
- Ensure the ongoing education of BFS staff and clients on activities required to protect themselves from fraudulent activity
- Liaise with BFS Risk teams, and RMG on fraud, anti-money laundering and security matters
- - Digital / Technology background with proven ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic digital organisation
- - Experience in fraud prevention, anti-money laundering compliance, cyber-security or security preferred
- - lateral thinker with problem-solving mindset, consulting skills and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex situations
- - strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with senior management
- - excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to initiate and lead conversations with executives regarding anticipated and emerging financial crimes exposures
- - process and control assessment and design experience, including implementation and monitoring of solutions
- - degree qualified in a relevant discipline
BFS comprises our Australian retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers