Documentation Manager – Wealth Management Business & Licensee Services - Sydney
- Newly created opportunity
- Take ownership of Advice and Product Documentation for Macquarie Advice and Private Banking
- Shelley Street
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Proprietary Platforms within our Wealth Management division, a newly created opportunity has been created to ensure a consistent client experience when it comes to the development and delivery of advice and product documentation.
Spanning across our Advice and Private Bank, you will have responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all Advice documentation and collateral required to support the provision of advice and product to clients of the Advice and Private Banking businesses. This role will be accountable for working with marketing, technical, product and technology teams (where required) to deliver client facing documentation that supports the Advice process, as well as supporting Product collateral.
Day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage/own workload to ensure delivery of documentation within specified deadlines and budgets
- Manage delivery scope and objectives to ensure workable outcomes for the business
- Track tasks, deadlines, resourcing and budgets where required
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Manage relationships to ensure delivery of advice and product related documentation.
- Ensure stakeholder interests are represented with relevant parties – specifically relating to the production of advice and product specific documentation.
- Act as a change agent for projects (where required) by communicating rationale, scope and impact of change to those affected in conjunction with the Business Management Team.
- Research best practices to identify and assess options for the implementation of new or improved ways to deliver the advice and product related collateral.
Coordination of 3rd parties
- Define format, timeframe and deliverables to be provided to and by external parties/providers.
- Allocate tasks to external parties/providers as appropriate in order to deliver business outcomes specifically for advice and product related documentation.
- Ensure skills and knowledge transfer from external parties where required.
- Work with vendors where required to assist the businesses in building documentation capability where required.
- Participate in strategic planning where required and own the strategic roadmap for all Advice considerations
- Define, facilitate and support the implementation of improved process/strategy initiatives – in particular for advice related processes.
- Participate in projects designed to improve the quality and efficiency of the team where required.
- Help monitor and ensure communication of risks in the PvB and Advice businesses as it relates specifically to Vision.
- Ensure effective, transparent and timely communication within the team and to PvB and Advice stakeholders, advisers and support where required.
- Determine communication frequency and mediums for required communication to Advice and PvB stakeholders.
- Promote a strong culture of active risk management and compliance.
Industry awareness & innovation
- Understand the financial service industry
- Ensure best practice is understood and applied
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory requirements and corporate policies / rules and how they apply to the PvB and Advice business
- Participate in advice industry events and be aware of new technology developments that support the provision of advice
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of advice and product related collateral.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of advice processes (paraplanning experience highly regarded)
- Strong understanding of financial planning products
- Degree qualified (business, marketing or communications related would be desired)
- Possess a degree of technical knowledge (RG146 preferred but not essential)
- Possess strong communication and written skills
This is a great opportunity for someone to step into a newly created role to take ownership of key product related documentation for our Advice and Private Banking departments. You will join a collaborative team with the ability to add value to our Wealth Management division and be provided with future career opportunities.
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.