Cyber Information Protection Engineer
As a senior resource responsible for security infrastructure and application systems within a global operating environment, we’ll ask you to design, build and operate application security solutions across technologies including Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Threat management to meet business, service and lifecycle requirements.
- identify and implement automated solutions to remove existing manual tasks
- identify and perform proactive platform systems management
- own and resolve production issues escalated from L2 support, mentoring others and creating knowledgebase articles where possible
- ongoing upgrade and maintenance of associated application platforms
- maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- work with internal teams to review operational readiness of new projects, and contribute to solution designs and develop standards where appropriate
- work with product vendor to troubleshoot complex issues and identify new capabilities to meet changing business requirements
- work with diverse stakeholders across multiple Macquarie businesses to perform analysis activities for the design, definition and implementation of information protection measures across Macquarie
- facilitate training of key service offerings to the business.
To be successful in the role:
- 5 years’ experience in a senior infrastructure or security infrastructure/application position
- experience supporting enterprise environments
- related university degree
- strong experience working with endpoint security products from McAfee or Symantec, Windows, Microsoft Active Directory, UNIX, Linux, Networking, Firewalls.
You will also need:
- practical experience with developing in at least 1 programming or scripting language (ideally Python)
- ability to work co-operatively with global technology teams
- a customer-focused approach with a "service first" mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- a self-starter mentality, and assume responsibility for a range of activities and tasks and willing to learn.
- the ability to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement
- exposure to ITIL.
If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or get in touch with email@example.com for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program.