We’re on a journey to challenge the financial services industry and to become the No.1 Digital Bank in Australia. Are you a Business Analyst who is passionate about Agile delivery, technological innovation and likes to feel a sense of ownership in the solutions you deliver for the business?
Macquarie Business Banking provides specialist banking services to niche markets including real estate, legal, accounting, advertising and strata management. Some of the products and services provided include deposit accounts, loan accounts and internet banking facilities.
About the role
It is an exciting time for Macquarie as we progress to being the leading digital bank in the market, and this role will be a key contributor towards realising that vision.
- Working in a fast paced agile environment you will partner with the Product Owner and key stakeholders to define the product roadmap, MVP and feature refinement
- Elicit requirements from various stakeholders; business, technology and project
- Translate project requirements into epics, features and user stories
- Actively collaborate with immediate and wider team members to refine, manage and communicate business requirements
- Facilitate ideation activities such as brainstorming, discovery sessions and scope definition
- Help the PO maintain a prioritised backlog
- Analyse data & processes to drive viable solutions that enhance our client experience
- Be innovative and drive “outside the box” thinking. Solve difficult problems as needed through proposing insightful, knowledgeable, effective solutions
- Lead UAT and provide guidance to the team on user behavior to drive development
- Develop succinct procedural documentation for end users
- Promote continuous improvement and innovation in the scrum team
- 3 + years’ experience working as an Agile BA
- Knowledge of Lean and Customer Centric Design is highly desirable
- Previous experience in financial services; including experience in credit, risk and compliance projects
- Sound understanding of the SDLC
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Strong analytical skills and ability to break-down complex problems into smaller components
- A self-starter with a desire to effect meaningful and value-add change
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Excellent communication skills
- Team first attitude with a willingness to do what is required to help the team succeed
- Agile experience will be well regarded
- Proficient in use of Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- High desirable personal traits: adaptable, goal oriented, innovative, leadership, resourceful, customer focused and anticipate
Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS) comprises our retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients. BFS operates predominantly in Australia and is organised into three business divisions: Personal Banking, Wealth Management and Business Banking.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers or for more information about this particular role please call Lucy Glover on 02 8232 7742
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements, please talk to us about what is available.