M&A Transaction Services - Senior Analyst (Melbourne)
Over the last few years we have played a critical role in helping our clients successfully undertake some of Australia’s leading M&A and Capital Market transactions. Recent promotions and movements coupled with growth in our Melbourne practice means we have opportunities for talented and ambitious Senior Analysts to fast track their career with Deloitte.
Examples of our work
- We assisted with the $900 million public listing of Netwealth Group Limited on the Australian Securities Exchange, the largest Initial Public Offering by market capitalisation in 2017;
- We provided transaction support to Ansell Limited with regard to the 2017 US$600 million divestment of their Sexual Wellness business unit;
- We provided transaction advisory services to a Cheung Kong Infrastructure led consortium in relation to the $7.4 billion acquisition of DUET Group;
- We provided transaction support to National Australia Bank in relation to their $2.4 billion divestment of their life insurance business, MLC Limited, to Japan’s Nippon Life.
About the Work
Our Melbourne based team regularly draws on the capabilities of our colleagues in other parts of M&A and from across the firm to deliver multi-disciplinary insights to our clients, supporting them throughout the transaction lifecycle.
As a Senior Analyst you will;
- Develop a deep understanding of the businesses and their underlying performance drivers
- Analyse information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information, and financial model workings and assumptions
- Review historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
- Report on potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
- Present findings and observations to the engagement managers
Your clients will include leading Australian private and listed corporates, global enterprises, private equity firms and Government bodies.
Highly motivated and talented performer, looking to move to one of the leading Transaction Services practices and with a focus on collaboration, your skills and experience will include:
- Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting
- Post graduate qualification e.g. CA, CFA, Masters in Applied Finance or MBA
- A minimum of one-year post qualification experience in performing financial due diligence assignments in a transaction environment or similar complex financial assignments; or business combination experience gained through the audit of acquisitive businesses
- Strong familiarity with the broader deal-oriented process and environment
- Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
- Previous leadership experience is required at the more senior levels
About Us: Deloitte Culture
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have any questions regarding this role you can contact Steph Russell in the Talent Acquisition Team on 02 9322 7695.