National Manager - Marketing Events
- Are you someone who loves creativity and leading a team to create event experiences worth remembering?
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Use your leadership experience to help your team to drive successful business outcomes
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. As an organization our strategy focuses on taking long term views, collaborating seamlessly and delivering excellent service for our clients long term benefit. As individuals, we work with a core set of common values that drive our attitudes, words, and actions every day. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
We have an exciting opportunity available as a National Manager in our National Marketing Events team based in Sydney. This role has overall management responsibility for leading the national events Centre of Excellence to design and deliver client and significant internal events that create brand experiences worth remembering and support relationship development and business growth.
You will be an accomplished and experienced National Events Manager who will lead a talented team to successfully develop and bring to life an integrated firm wide marketing strategy to support business growth. In this key role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and execution of the firm’s ICON client event programs in collaboration with firm leadership.
- Delivering a national events program that supports the firm’s growth agenda – including demand creation, relationship building and brand positioning events.
- Reviewing, identifying and implementing initiatives to improve event strategy, design, delivery processes and ROI metrics.
- Guiding the team to implement leading practice event management and facilitate sharing experiences to enable continuous improvement.
- Providing effective coaching, guidance and feedback including formal performance management of the team.
- Management of cost centre and event budgets including regular reporting to the Business and Executive Leadership team (National Managing Partner and Head of Marketing) and State Chairs on spend.
- Effectively communicating with key internal stakeholders to provide leading practice event advice and guidance to ensure effective engagement of the National Marketing Events team.
- Oversight and assessment of firm’s total spend and ROI on client events.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience should include:
- At least 7+ years’ experience ideally in a service based organization
- Experience in inspiring and leading a centralised but geographically dispersed national events team will be highly advantageous
- Advanced people and event management experience including event design/strategy and execution
- Degree qualified in Marketing or Commerce
- Ability to lead a team in a high pressure environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Budget management experience
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and ability to have an executive impact at the senior leadership level
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other. We are proud to be consistently recognized as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion. Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life.
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be extraordinary!
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application