Manager - Operations Advisory (Technology, Media and Telco focus)
- Collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts
- Career advancement opportunities
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s Operations Advisory group works with clients to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations and to successfully execute against these objectives. The team draws on a combination of professional, talented people, powerful KPMG methodologies and global resources. As the practice continues to grow, we are looking for a high calibre Manager to join the Sydney team on a permanent basis, to primarily work with the clients that we serve through our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) sector group.
As a key member of the team your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with clients to solve and implement solutions to address complex challenges across their business (End-to-End)
- Leading day to day engagements with clients and KPMG teams to understand root cause issues, potential solutions and articulate business benefits and strategies
- Analysing, workshopping and presenting insights and recommendations, enabled by your strategic thinking, technical knowledge and exceptional communication
- Assisting engagement leadership in the management and delivery of overall project/program outcomes on client engagements through high quality project management
- Assist in the delivery of KPMG service offerings across Business Strategy, Process Improvement; Cost Reduction/Profitability, Operating Model, Business Transformation, Organisational Change Management; Financial Management/Reporting, Customer Experience Management
- Contributing to sales efforts, including identification of opportunities, driving the development of proposal documentation and confidently presenting the case for ‘why KPMG’ to clients
- Supporting the growth and development of more junior team members through technical training, skills coaching and mentoring.
How are you extraordinary?
- Familiarity with project management methodology and experience working in a project environment;
- Highly effective written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact across a wide range of stakeholders up to C-Level at ASX listed firms (or equivalent)
- Strong of emotional intelligence and personal maturity
- Self-motivated with an enjoyment for working in strong, collaborative team environments
- Proven experience in leading clients to solve and implement solutions to address complex challenges across their business
- Experience in leading small teams (2-5 resources) or streams of work as part of a larger engagement
- A strategic thinker with evidenced experience/ability for applying both quantitative and qualitative techniques to understand business problems
- A high level of confidence to drive business proposals in a sales environment
- Experience within Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) sector technology, media and/or communications will be highly regarded
- Degree-qualified, with a strong academic record and post qualification work experience (ideally within a management consulting organisation) in a number of the below areas:
- Business Strategy;
- Process Improvement;
- Cost Reduction/Profitability;
- Operating Model
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!