• Information Management Specialist – information strategy, data governance, data quality.
• Build a long term career with great people on varied and exciting projects
• Be a key part of our growth & innovation strategy
• Supportive work environment
• Part-time and Job Share considered
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected professional services firms globally. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.
Our highly skilled Data & Analytics team helps our clients to use their data resources for creating value, enhancing competitiveness and driving business decisions. Within Data & Analytics we provide unique services through delivering consulting projects, custom analytics work, proofs of concept, fantastic face to face and on-line trainings and accreditations and our brightest minds around data and advanced analytics.
KPMG has an ingrained culture of diversity and inclusion where everyone, including you, has the opportunity to succeed. Our culture is made up of our people’s attitudes and behaviours, which reflect our shared values, experiences and aspirations. We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We value all types of diversity including gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women.
Your new opportunity
Our team is seeking information management specialists to support our ambitious growth strategy.
Working in our team you'll be mixing with some of the brightest minds while working on significant commercial projects – solving real world problems at some of the nation's most respected companies, using some of the most exciting and interesting data you wouldn’t normally have access to.
You’ll be working collaboratively within a team environment and building strong client relationships. Joining our team you’ll be working across projects that are applying data solutions to solve client problems by:
• Helping clients establish a vision for information delivery and management and driving execution of the roadmap, including enterprise data architecture, big data, analytics, content and data management.
• Working with our data architects, analysts, scientists and engineers to deliver the solutions that fulfil our clients’ business information needs and align their information vision, strategy and execution. Assist engagement leadership in the delivery of outcomes on client engagements through high quality delivery and management.
• Partner with clients to solve and implement solutions to address complex challenges across their business (End to End).
• To analyse, workshop and present insights and recommendations enabled by strategic thinking, technical knowledge and exceptional communication skills.
• To lead day to day engagements with clients and KPMG teams to understand root cause issues, potential solutions and articulate business benefits.
• To support the growth and development of more junior team members through technical training, skills coaching and mentoring.
What makes you extraordinary
You will describe yourself as an Information Management Specialist and bring relevant experience to the role, particularly defining data strategy & governance frameworks, data lifecycle management, business & technical operating models for data management, risk/opportunity assessment and data quality assessment & remediation.
Experience with data warehousing applications such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Redshift, Netezza etc. You will ideally also have experience designing data architecture, interface & integration management, and data model design & development.
You’ll demonstrate your experience in a consulting environment and/or experience within industry where you have developed your subject matter expertise.
We're looking for talented people, team players and progressive thinkers who can communicate their ideas convincingly.
• Have strong End-to-End experience in the telecommunications sector with specific interest in data quality across the business, customer experience, customer-centric business, sales and marketing, operational excellence.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication particularly when communicating on an engagement to a wide range of stakeholders at C-Level.
• Ability to manage all aspects of a project including facilitating workshops, influencing and guiding key stakeholders and mentoring team members.
• Take accountability for managing scope and delivery of timely and quality deliverables through strong collaboration and communicate issues early to engagement leaders as appropriate
• Experienced in leading multiple concurrent teams or streams.
• Ability to negotiate with high level of discretion with internal or external parties such as clients, government bodies and other organisations.
• Have a strategic impact on the team and contribute to the firm wide strategy.
• Possess confidence to drive proposals in a sales environment.
• Familiar with project management methodology and experience working in a project environment
• Degree-qualified with post qualification experience (ideally within a management consulting organisation)
• Be strong driving best practice data strategy, data governance and data quality frameworks
• Have a questioning mind and lots of bright ideas
• Develop, motivate and counsel team members, bringing clarity to the work of the team, by focussing their effot and commitment, evaluating performance and by providing regular feedback.
• Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external clients
• Be passionate about delivering high quality work
The KPMG Difference
We work flexibly with you; this role can be full-time or part-time (down to 3 days).
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life.