KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected professional services firms globally. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.
Our highly skilled Data & Analytics team helps our clients to use their data resources for creating value, enhancing competitiveness and driving business decisions. Within Data & Analytics we provide unique services through delivering consulting projects, custom analytics work, proofs of concept, fantastic face to face and on-line trainings and accreditations and our brightest minds around data and advanced analytics.
Your new role
Our team is seeking data analytics specialists to support our ambitious growth strategy. Working in our team you'll be mixing with some of the brightest minds while working on significant commercial projects – solving real world problems at some of the nation's most respected companies, using some of the most exciting and interesting data you wouldn’t normally have access to.
You’ll be working collaboratively within a team environment and building strong client relationships. Joining our team you’ll be working across projects that are applying data solutions to solve client problems by:
• Data Extraction, Analytics, Data Science, Visualisation, and Automation to support our Audit, Assurance, and Risk Consulting (AARC) division
• Understanding client systems to develop the best methods to extract data, combining database and ERP knowledge
• Building out our global data analytics platform for audit with new routines and insights
• Using various ETL, Data Analytics, Automation, and Visualisation products incl. SQL, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, and Power BI
You bring to the role
You will describe yourself as one of these analytics roles and bring relevant experience in your chosen area:
● Data Scientist: Using Data Science techniques and Machine Learning skills over Big Data
● Data Engineer: Engineering modern data solutions or pipelines to facilitate advanced analytics, visualisation & interactive data applications
● Data Analyst: Analysing and business consulting with data – using relational databases (SQL), data workbench & visualisation tools for project delivery, applying business logic and interpreting results
You’ll demonstrate your experience in a consulting environment and/or experience within industry where you have developed your subject matter expertise and led others. You’ll need to bring an ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and to build strong client relationships. We're looking for talented people, team players and progressive thinkers who can communicate their ideas convincingly.
● Have a questioning mind and lots of bright ideas
● Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Be comfortable with manipulating and combining large, high dimensional datasets from multiple sources
● Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience
● Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external clients
● Be passionate about delivering high quality work
● Ideally have experience in operational project initiatives, risk management, process review and/or controls assessment
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.