Associate Director - Technology Risk Assurance
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Be part of a brave new era of technology and data led assurance
- Work shoulder to shoulder with Australia’s most respected companies
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
We seek out diversity and encourage collaboration, and as such, we offer a range of different career paths – there are no ‘pigeon holes’ at KPMG.
We work 100% digitally, with 100% agility and 100% flexibility – so no paper, no stuffy offices and all positions can be flexed to suit your needs.
KPMG's Technology Risk and Assurance team is part of the broader Management Consulting team and possesses a unique combination of IT skills and business acumen. We are currently seeking an Associate Director to join our growing Brisbane team and to play an active leadership role in the Technology, Risk and Assurance service line.
- Are you seeking a career change and want to be part of something different?
- Are you ready to join our Brisbane team at a truly exciting time to be working in Technology?
- Are you passionate about working with, and developing, talented junior staff?
Your new role
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the KPMG firm and with Partners and Directors to lead a team of 20+ talented technology risk professionals – as part of a broader multidiscipline technology team of 50+ professionals
- Plan the execution of a portfolio of IT audit, risk and assurance engagements across a number of sectors including Financial Services, Government and Corporates
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of technology controls throughout the business cycle, while providing performance management for IT risk and assurance staff
- Write and present clear and concise reports and presentations containing meaningful observations and recommendations to clients, and review documented procedures performed and conclusions reached related to projects
- Provide oversight and leadership to engagement teams regarding deliverables, project plans, and performance management
- Support proposal and business development activities by assisting in the identification of new target clients, building business relationships with key executives, and developing / presenting proposals
- Have the opportunity to develop your career and consulting skills by pursuing cross and
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience will likely include:
- A strong platform of experience in the delivery of IT Audit, Risk and Assurance engagements
- Top-tier professional services experience and demonstrated client service excellence
- A curious mind and a genuine interest in technology transformation, emerging technology risk and technology assurance practices
- A tertiary qualification (preferably in Information Technology, Business, Commerce, Mathematics, Science or Engineering)
- Post-grad qualifications are desirable
- CISA, PRINCE2®, MSP®, and Agile certifications are desirable
- Experience, and an interest, in data analytics and coding is desirable – given emerging assurance practices
- Demonstrated experience in leading delivery teams and coaching junior staff
- Strong written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.