Administration Coordinator (Donation Dogs Program)
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Coordinate and administer Guide Dogs NSW/ACT’s iconic Donation Dogs collection box program – including stewarding current Donation Dog host businesses, marketing to secure new hosts to expand the program, coordinating the collection of donated funds, issuing and maintaining Donation Dogs and overseeing the processing of donated funds.
The program currently involves coin and Tap-to-Donate card Donation Dogs placed at over 1,250 host sites across NSW and the ACT. Donation Dogs have been a famous presence in stores across Australia for over 40 years and raise important funds to support Guide Dogs’ provision of services to people living with sight loss.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Coordinate, administer and report on the iconic Donation Dog collection box program to meet financial targets.
- Act as the first point of contact for all Donation Dog enquiries.
- Steward current Donation Dog host businesses and community organisations, to ensure their continued support for the program.
- In collaboration with other members of the Philanthropy team, market the program to recruit new hosts, in order to maximise fundraising revenue. Develop strategies to identify and assess hosts with the best potential to raise needed funds.
- Coordinate the issuing, maintenance and collections from Donation Dogs by contracted collections agencies, Support Groups and volunteers.
- Coordinate the design, testing and ordering of new and replacement Donation Dogs, including new ‘barking dog’ units and other enhancements.
- Ensure all Donation Dogs comply with strict government fundraising regulations and meet audit requirements. Maintain and develop procedures to control risks, such as in the collection of cash donations and maintenance of Guide Dogs’ property across numerous sites.
- Maintain complete and accurate CRM records on the placement, maintenance and income from each Donation Dog.
- Contribute to team projects and collaboration within Guide Dogs’ Philanthropy Team, which is principally responsible for relationship-based fundraising and major supporters, and the broader Growth Department.
- Other projects as required.
- Follow Guide Dogs NSW/ACT WH&S policy, procedures and rules, and follow safe work practices.
- Report any hazards and incidents as soon as possible, whether or not someone was injured.
- Participate in WH&S consultation meetings to discuss workplace safety in the department.
- Assist in the return to work process for yourself or any work colleagues following injury.
- Participate in WH&S activities such as training, inspections, investigations, evacuation drills, WH&S meetings and risk assessments as required.
- Do not misuse or interfere with anything which is provided in the interests of workplace health and safety
3. OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other related duties as required.
- Participate in personal development opportunities.
- Keep informed on company procedures and policies.
- Conduct all activities in a manner consistent with the Workplace Behaviour Policy.
4. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular supervision of project-based volunteers, in collaboration with the Philanthropy Manager.
5. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic, results driven self-starter.
- Strong organisation and administrative skills.
- Strong relationship management and/or customer service skills and experience.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders including colleagues, contractors, volunteers and host supporters.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Able to manage the physical demands and inherent requirements of the job and complete the tasks and duties as stated, including the movement and transport of
- Donation Dogs, maintenance of warehouse storage of spare Donation Dogs etc.
- 2+ years fundraising or administration experience.
6. PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ROLE:
- This is primarily an office-based role, with a high degree of computer and phone work.
- It is a requirement of the role to occasionally transport Donation Dogs to host sites, when not covered by a contracted agency.
- There is some physical work involved in coordinating the Donation Dog collection box program; through storing and moving Donation Dogs in our office and at our storage facility.
7. WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT:
- May be required to work some weekends or evenings (with overtime taken as time in lieu).
- Open office floor plan, surrounded by your team and manager (along with other departments within Guide Dogs).
- Professional environment.
- A workplace in which trained Guide Dogs spend time in the open plan office.
- Travel to our storage facility at times.