Assistant Accountant - 6 month contract
Grant Thornton Australia is growing, and growth has resulted in a career opportunity for a dynamic para-professional to join our private advisory team in Adelaide on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Our 2020 strategy will deliver a suite of innovative initiatives that aim to further enhance the experience of our people and this role provides an opportunity to use your experience and expertise to bring this exciting strategy to life including involvement with:
- Setup of client files including backup and rollover of general ledgers, work papers and tax returns
- Australian Statutory Compliance work under the direction of a Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant, which may include: Financial statement preparation and Basic Taxation returns.
- General client work including data entry, transaction coding, reconciliations (bank, debtors, creditors, GST reconciliations)
- Preparation of complete and accurate work papers to support client financial balances and tax return balances
- Collating client documentation packs
- Skype, email, telephone and face-to-face contact with extended GTAL PA team
We are looking for an agile and responsive candidate who enjoys thinking outside of the box to bring innovative solutions to life within this supportive team. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 1-3 years’ experience in Financial Compliance type work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Strong work ethic and a genuine interest contributing to the growth of our business
- Client focussed with good relationship skills
- Knowledge of MYOB AE and/or MYOB Small Business Products a plus
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Word for Windows and Excel
- Diploma in accounting / TAFE qualification (as a minimum) preferred.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs. As a result, we would welcome discussions around flexibility for this role so let us know how we might accommodate your needs by clicking apply.
Only direct applications will be accepted (no agencies please). Please note that we have not engaged any recruitment agencies to represent us for this role.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com