Capital Transactions Analyst/Manager
Do you want to work for a Top 50 ASX listed business that is transforming the property market of Australia?
At GPT we are passionate about creating spaces that go beyond the expectations of our investors, customers and communities. We create value through our focus on strategic investment and management of high quality shopping centres, office towers, logistics centres and business parks and proudly own a number of prime assets across Australia.
Every day we strive to deliver expectational results to achieve our vision to be the most respected property company in Australia. We do this by empowering our people to take initiative and create solutions. We believe our commitment to invest in you is what strengthens the core of our business and keeps us sustainable, focussed and passionate about shaping the future of property in Australia.
A newly created opportunity has arisen for a Capital Transactions Analyst or Manager to join our high performing Capital Transactions team. Supporting the Head of Transactions and the Capital Transaction Director in achieving acquisition and divestment targets, you will be an integral member of our team.
As the Capital Transactions Analyst or Manager you will be commercially minded, display strong modelling skills and demonstrate a passion for the property industry
Key responsibilities include;
- Financial modelling and scenario analysis of opportunities and all relevant market transactions including Retail, Office and Industrial Sectors.
- Assist in preparation and management of major acquisition bids and tenders.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of Investment and Board Papers.
- Assist in coordinating due diligence processes and relevant teams of internal and external stakeholders.
- Handover and de-briefing asset management teams on a newly acquired asset.
- Assist in identifying & prioritising opportunities which meet the mandates of the Investment & Funds Management Portfolios
- Review asset financials, preparing an asset identified for sale with the Portfolio & Asset Management teams.
- Collation and review of all relevant property due diligence documentation for the divestment.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of divestment papers.
- Assist in appointment and coordination of external consultants.
- Assist in negotiating the divestment, contract negotiations and closing the transaction to settlement.
Investment Management & Fund Management Teams
- Working closely with the Investment Management & Fund Management Teams to share knowledge, identify and analyse opportunities and make recommendations with regard to assets and capital allocation that fit the mandates.
- Managing the group transaction pipeline reports and database and assist in conducting fortnightly meetings, presenting to the portfolio teams and senior business executives regarding acquisition and divestment pipeline and market activity.
What will make you stand out?
To be successful in this role you will ideally demonstrate the below skills and experience;
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in the property markets.
- Tertiary qualifications, preference in Commerce or Property (valuations).
- Detailed knowledge of major Australian property markets in preferably CBD office and or Major Shopping Centres.
- A track record in detailed financial modelling of major CBD offices and Regional Shopping Centres (desirable).
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Proficient in financial modelling skills including Microsoft excel and DYNA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What makes us stand out?
- Awarded Employer of Choice 2018
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Broad spectrum of diverse and challenging career opportunities available across the organisation
- Investment in your personal development and future career aspirations
- Flexible work options available to all GPT employees
- Competitive remuneration packages and employee benefits
If the above sounds like you then please formally apply via the careers link below and a member of the team will be in touch regarding next steps.