Financial Modelling Consultant
Are you passionate about working in a highly analytical role delivering insights, not just spreadsheets? Do you aspire to become an expert in financial modelling? If so, please read on…
About the role
Our national Business Modelling practice has dedicated modelling experts located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra and Western Sydney.
As our project pipeline continues to grow and following the win of a couple of large mandates, an exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Senior Analyst to join our Melbourne office. This role will challenge you on:
- Building and testing models to provide vital decision-making support
- Delivering work on high profile, complex and challenging engagements that will develop your commercial problem solving and analytical skills
- Engaging and collaborating with our Corporate Finance, Infrastructure Advisory and Access Economics practices.
You will work across an exciting range of engagements such as feasibility studies, business case development, major social and economic infrastructure project development, Public Private Partnerships, government privatisations, mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and strategic decision support.
As the successful candidate, you should ideally demonstrate:
- At least 12 months' experience in modelling financial, economic or operational data, or similar analytical finance/ accounting role
- Analytical and problem solving skills supported by strong Excel skills
- Excellent academic results in a relevant tertiary qualification (Economics, Mathematics, Commerce, Finance, Econometrics, Statistics, Actuarial Studies, a dual Engineering & Commerce background would also be highly regarded)
- An understanding of accounting concepts and ideally undertaking or willingness to undertake the CA Program.
About Us: Deloitte Culture
Deloitte is the largest professional services firm in the World by both revenue and number of professionals. Deloitte provides a range of audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services across more than 20 industries and with more than 244,400 professionals globally. In FY 2016, the firm earned a record $36.8 billion USD in revenues and was ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and by Bloomberg Business has been consistently named as the best place to launch a career. In Australia, we have been one of the fastest growing professional services over the last decade and pride ourselves on also being often considered one of the most innovative.
We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Melanie Mathias on 02 8260 4032.