NDIS LEAD Regional Coordinator – Victoria
NDIS LEAD Regional Coordinator
Locations across Victoria include: Ballarat, Melbourne - Broadmeadows/Dandenong and Norther Eastern Victoria - Mildura/Wodonga
Are you ready for a new great step in your career?
- This exciting role will see you facilitating the roll out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Be an integral part in driving Australia’s largest social change reform in over 30 years
- By assisting service providers to be successful in the NDIS, you will be a key contributor in helping Australians with a disability receive necessary support to enjoy their life and achieve their goals
About the Opportunity
A consortium consisting of EY, the First Peoples Disability Network, the Community Services Industry Alliance and Advanced Personnel Management have been selected by the Department of Social Services (DSS) to design and deliver the Boosting the Local Care Workforce Program.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of Regional Coordinators in supporting the role out of the NDIS scheme. This will be achieved by:
- Providing local and specialised support for service providers in transitioning to or entering the disability market by diversifying and adjusting their business operations, including workforce management, to remain competitive under consumer choice models.
- Working with disability and aged care service providers in identified locations
- Holding local workshops to engage key players in the market
- Engaging with local service providers including providers of specialised supports by holding industry information and advisory meetings, to gather intelligence on local issues or in relation to the market for a specialised support
- Supporting disability service and aged care providers to improve their workforce planning, modelling and development capability, including recruitment models, working conditions, terms of employment (casual, part-time, full time) and how to reduce turnover.
- Engaging with relevant Commonwealth, State and Territory government officials and other relevant parties.
We are seeking people with a background in health services, aged care or similar, with specific experience in the disability sector, or similar service delivery programs.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following required experience:
- Leadership and management skills – candidates will display the leadership and management skills required to effectively manage a team of RCs operating in their jurisdiction.
- Communication skills – candidates will require effective communication skills to liaise with local providers and state and territory program officials.
- Insight and analysis – candidates will be required to draw on data and insights gained from service providers on the ground to provide advice on priorities which should be targeted through the National Provider and Sector Transition Initiative.
- Knowledge – candidates will have a good working knowledge of the disability and aged care sectors; a good working knowledge about regional areas of employment; a working knowledge of NDIS and workforce issues that are relevant.
Successful applicants may likely be expected to engage in home based working as part of their role.
Please note that as this project is being led by a consortium that successful applicants will not necessarily be employed by EY.
- Applicants must request a position description from firstname.lastname@example.org
- The position description sets out the required experience for this role and the application requirements
- Please make direct reference to NDIS Lead Regional Coordinator role within the request.
© 2018 Ernst & Young, Australia. All Rights Reserved.