Regulatory Affairs Manager – Sydney, Australia
Work with us to build a more sustainable future and to experience a profession with the world as its limit…
The Enel Group business is dedicated to the development and management of energy production from renewable sources worldwide. We have an energy generation mix that includes wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass. We are active in 29 countries with over 1,200 plants.
We work worldwide with a sustainable business model that generates value not only for the company but also for the communities where we work. We are constantly engaged in new projects and new technological challenges in order to innovate in the fields of research and production of electrical energy from renewable sources.
Our Sydney office requires a newly created opportunity for a Head of Regulatory Affairs who will be responsible for supporting the management of current operations and future business development activities in the country by understanding and monitoring applicable Regulatory Framework.
The responsibility of the role will include but limited to:
- Analyse and continuously monitor the regulatory framework and trends applicable to energy sector and in particular to renewable energy business, both at Federal and State level
- Identify the regulatory trend for the assessment of the economic and financial impact of regulation and the development of regulatory assumptions for budget and industrial plans
- Manage regulatory issues and proceedings towards relevant stakeholders, addressing and monitoring local compliance and defining the optimal local strategy
- Analyse the specific documentation to pursue BD initiatives (tender documentation, contractual agreements, permitting processes etc.)
- Contribute to the elaboration of reporting documents and activities
- Support the Country Manager in all relevant tasks with internal and external stakeholders
- Perform advocacy activities with peers and institutional stakeholders (ie AEMO, AER etc), also within the relevant Associations, to represent and promote the company position on regulatory issues
- Liaise with key institutional stakeholders to fully understand regulatory developments and anticipate (where possible) future regulatory trends.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications preferably in Economics, Commerce, Law, Finance or Engineering. Master Degree (optional)
- At least 3-4 years in a similar position preferably within the Energy industry
- Having worked in Regulatory Institutional bodies could represent a “plus”
- Ability to travel locally and internationally where required.
The global energy sector faces unprecedented challenges. If you’re committed to tackling them head on and share Enel Green Power's core values of innovation, trust, responsibility and proactivity, then you could be just a few steps away from becoming the newest member of our team.
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.