Are you passionate about making an impact that matters with Private clients to help them grow their businesses in an ever-changing Tax landscape? As a member of the Deloitte Private Tax team, you will help our clients to navigate through their most complex tax issues, anticipating and managing tax and regulatory changes, providing complex tax advice and innovative tax compliance solutions.
About the team
Our Deloitte Private Tax team in Brisbane is experiencing significant growth, and this has created opportunities for outstanding professionals with a hunger for success. You will be challenged to add value and partner with clients at an early stage, to generate different solutions to client situations in an entrepreneurial and flexible work environment.
About the role
Our Deloitte Private team provides leading taxation advisory expertise to Australia’s largest and most complex private entities and the families that own them. We assist in growing, managing and protecting their businesses across a wide array of industry sectors including property, hospitality, retail, technology, agribusiness and transport. You will be involved in the provision of Tax services to our clients including:
• Income tax advisory, planning, and implementation
• Tax structuring
• Tax matters associated with trust and succession & estate planning
Why consider a career within Deloitte Private Tax?
• Exposure to sophisticated and high profile privately owned businesses
• Ability to be involved with and advise on complex and challenging transactions
• Exposure to all levels of staff with close involvement with the management group
• Contribution to the business and assisting the business to achieve its strategy through key internal support
About your experience
You will be involved in the provision of Tax services to our clients and will require the following skills, experience and qualifications:
• Completed Law, Masters of Tax, or similar qualification, and have strong analytical skills
• Prior Tax advisory experience, with exposure to unlisted corporate clients and transactions advisory work being advantageous
• A naturally inquisitive mindset and desire to understand your clients overall operations, allowing you to deliver the most impactful long term outcome
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with an ability to consult with and influence stakeholders from all backgrounds and at all levels
• Strong mentorship and leadership skills, with a passion for coaching junior team members
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, elite Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, craft a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'. From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities to succeed – in every sense of the word.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Marlon Vallarta via the Our Recruiters section on our Careers website.