Are you passionate about making an impact that matters with Private clients to help them grow their businesses in an ever-changing Tax landscape? As a member of the Deloitte Private Tax team you will help our clients to navigate through their most complex issues, anticipating and managing tax and regulatory changes, providing complex tax advice and innovative tax compliance solutions.
About the team
Our Deloitte Private Tax team has experienced significant recent growth, which has created opportunities for outstanding professionals with a hunger for success. You will be challenged to add value and partner with clients at an early stage, to generate different solutions to client situations in an entrepreneurial and flexible work environment.
About the role
Our Deloitte Private team provides leading taxation expertise to Australia’s largest and most complex private entities and the families that own them. We assist in growing, managing and protecting their businesses across a wide array of industry sectors including property, hospitality, retail, technology, agribusiness and transport.
As a Tax Director in Deloitte Private you will have the opportunity to shape and drive the business. Working closely with our Partners, you are responsible for leading the team and delivering to our clients while remaining focused on growing the business and identifying new opportunities to service the middle market.
Some of the key responsibilities of our Tax Directors include:
• Business development
• Managing tender processes
• Managing and delivering tax engagements
• Managing client relationships
• Managing budgets and negotiating fees
• Leading, motivating and developing staff
About your experience
As a Director within this fast paced and dynamic Tax team, you will work to make an impact that matters, by delivering quality advice across a range of complex matters. You will also possess the following skills and attributes;
• Completed CA/Masters of Tax or similar qualification
• Prior Senior Manager- or Director-level exposure advising Private clients within a Big 4 or mid-tier firm
• A strong client focus is a must in order to manage a portfolio of diverse clients and engagements simultaneously
• Strong communication and presentation skills and a proven interest and willingness to get involved in business development initiatives and growing the business
• Proven experience building and leading high performing teams with a service excellence approach
• Strong mentorship and leadership skills, with a passion for coaching junior team members
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, elite Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, craft a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'. From day one at our firm, you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities to succeed – in every sense of the word.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience, career goals and timeline, we want to hear from you! Click “Apply” below and submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Marlon Vallarta via the Our Recruiters section on our Careers website.