Job description: Deloitte Digital Strategy & Innovation Senior Consultant
Employer of Choice Award Winners 2018!
Deloitte Digital Customer, Strategy, & Innovation Team
We are seeking inquisitive and highly motivated individuals who aspire to work on the most interesting societal and customer related problems and challenges, across a range of client organisations. Specifically we are looking for exceptional talent in the following position:
• Senior Consultant, Sydney
About our Team
Here is your moment of truth. This could be the opportunity that changes everything. If you are ready to work at the forefront of creating differentiated customer experiences, products and services that matter for Australia's biggest business and public sector challenges, start your journey here.
Deloitte Digital is Australia's leading digital consultancy and design studio. Our rapidly expanding Customer, Strategy and Innovation Team assists Senior Executives, Chief Digital Officers, Chief Marketing, Chief Customer and Boards of leading businesses and government agencies to answer:
We work at the intersection of strategy, design and research to help our clients deliver superior value in market to the customers they serve. We help our clients re-think their strategies by putting the customer first, identifying those distinct opportunities for where and how to win in their chosen market. We then work collaboratively with our clients on the journey for change, bringing our collective depth of expertise in the domains of strategy, insights, analytics, digital enablement and design thinking to help them articulate and implement a customer strategy that is truly inspiring to both their customers and the organisation’s success.
We seek to disrupt the status quo in how we think and work with one another as a team and with our clients to bring the right balance of innovation and execution for change. Through the exciting development of new methods we are ‘bridging the gap’ between the conventional applications of design and strategy. Crafting strategies that are more customer centred, tested and iterated, and done in a way that engages client teams more deeply. We are passionate about the outcomes we deliver with our clients and the impact we have in making a tangible difference to their performance.
We work on some of Australia’s most challenging and interesting issues relating to Financial Services & Insurance, Telecommunications, Civil Government, Health Services, Education and Transport.
• Own significant stream(s) of work in a large engagement.
• Co-design new business models, products, services, experiences and operating models.
• Define major assumptions underpinning hypothesise designs and executes assumption tests.
• Lead research to help inform choices made with customer, digital and innovation strategies
• Lead the development of hypothesis and the analysis and synthesis of data to generate customer insights to apply to the improvement of meeting customer needs
• Lead the development and execution of prototypes (low and hi-fi)
• Collaborate with clients and their customers to understand their complete user needs, with a focus on developing propositions that will generate value
• Align clients around digital adoption, agile, & lean design and innovation enabled design, operating delivery and capabilities building
• Lead researching opportunities using qualitative and quantitative analysis (e.g. market assessment, customer segmentation, customer needs, service performance, product performance, benchmarking).
• Determine the digital and experience return on investment contributing to the development of financial modelling, dashboard and metrics development e.g. for digital marketing investments
• Assess and improve concepts based on their economic and competitive performance
• Pursue constant learning and self-development
• Participate in a culture of creativity and innovation with a finger on the pulse of what is new and possible.
• Coach more junior members of the Deloitte teams with a focus on crafting successful and client centric environment that facilitates opportunities to develop for all levels of staff
• Planning and shaping the elements of projects and programmes
• Promote and inspire a culture of creativity and innovation with a finger on the pulse of what is new and possible.
Your experience and skills
To succeed, you will have:
• Strengths in either problem solving (strategy), design or research skills with the ability to learn rapidly and to exercise mature judgment
• University degree with outstanding academic record from a leading Australian or Overseas university or business school
• 3-4+ years’ experience as a Senior Consultant, ideally in a leading consulting firm, digital/ design agency or within a public sector equivalent
• Exposure to working in digital project teams in a client-facing environment
• Ability to build strong relationships
• Experience working at high-intensity under pressure to deliver to tight timeframes
• Experience and interests in the use of human-centred design, current use of technology including digital marketing, mobile, data analytics and emerging forms like Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Voice would be welcome
• A passion for creating customer-centred experiences that delight end users and that solve business problems including through:
• Natural intellectual curiosity and problem solving drive
• Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to engage with stakeholders including directly with client customers and help them to influence decisions
• Ability to communicate ideas, strategies and concepts in clear, compelling and credible ways
• Comfortable with a non-linear process and flexibility to adjust as things shift.
• A believer in collaboration — to prototype thinking, turn inklings into insights and insights into possibilities, and bring stories to life in ways that move people to take action.
We believe people work best when they're excited by the customers, markets and issues they work with, feel supported through great teams and when they're empowered in a fast moving and dynamic environment filled with opportunity.
We take coaching and career progression seriously and have a strong focus on supporting people realise their potential and career aspirations. We also have an incredible culture and encourage a flexible and inclusive work environment. You will get to draw on Deloitte's unique capabilities from a full range of digital capabilities, Data Analytics, Deloitte Access Economics, and experience from our global consulting network.
We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'Being different'.
From day one at our firm, you will be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed - in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If this sounds like an exciting career challenge, that aligns with your personal goals and expertise, we want to hear from you. Check out our YouTube page and social channels for further insights into life at Deloitte. In the meantime, we look forward to receiving your application.
The minimum salary offered for this role is $90,000.