Senior Manager - Operational Risk
Join the Risk Services team to deliver on its FY’19 business objectives focused on client consolidation, market penetration and team engagement. This role has been created from growth opportunities in this sector.
About the opportunity and role
This Senior Manager role will see you:
- Work closely with the Industry Partners in all aspects of the client life-cycle:
- Identify opportunities, prepare response for proposals and participate in bid presentations
- Actively manage internal audit outsourced and co-sourced contracts (including ad-hoc projects)
- Review internal audit deliverables and present results to Senior Executives, Audit Committees and Boards
- Develop and foster client relationships to create revenue opportunities
- Manage budgets, billings and collections
- Become a trusted business advisor and develop innovative solutions for your clients
- Apply and promote the Deloitte internal audit methodology and approach to data analytics
- Own your deliverables and take accountability for your and your teams actions
- Lead / Participate in Deloitte initiated technical forums targeting specific industry topics or clients
- Lead / Participate in Deloitte Learning and Development training sessions
- Network internally to understand the people, products and services available to our clients
- Promote and enforce compliance with mandated professional practices and maintain a comprehensive understanding Deloitte's leading edge tools and methodologies
- Coach and council junior team
- Support the Partnership in the achievement of its goals
About your experience
To succeed in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Practical internal audit, risk management, business process advisory experience within the consumer business and retail sector
- CA / CPA / IIA or similar qualification
- Commercial awareness with an ability to think strategically
- Proven success in proposal writing and presentations
- Experience in preparing business written reports for C-suite members and Boards
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to cohesively work and communicate with the team in a dynamic and changeable team environment
- Willingness to travel and work long hours.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm, you will be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you will need to succeed now and in the future.
If you have questions regarding this role, our Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. Please contact James Francis via the ‘Our recruiters’ section of our careers website.
The minimum salary for this candidate is $88,000AUD which is inclusive of a 9.5% super contribution.