Senior Credit Risk Analytics Analyst
About the role
Focusing on the biggest risks to organisations, you will be part of a team that brings skills in data sourcing, analytics methods and tools and visual communication. Based in Melbourne we are looking for Analysts & Senior Analysts to get involved in the following:
- Contribute to the design of analytical solutions in response to risk issues
- Help client’s understand their risk profile through data visualisation using a variety of platforms
- Use cloud technology to design and develop system, processes and software to support insight into risk
- Help build data management platforms in the client’s technology landscape
- Automate and embed analytic scorecards into decision processes
- Develop re-useable frameworks and train Risk Analytics team members in how to use them
- Support clients using our “Performance Reporting Platform” service in terms of loading data, identifying data issues and understanding what the data represents
- Troubleshooting systems to find the root cause of failure
- Identify organisational risks and opportunities for process and system changes to better manage future risk.
- Interact cohesively with other members of the Risk Analytics team, including being a buddy to new members of the team
- Work as part of an agile software development team, embracing the cross-skill culture it brings with it
- Support recruitment of new team members.
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of data towards relevant communications to explain the value of the work completed.
- Work with clients to understand and document their requirements, presenting these back to them
- Provide training to our clients through presentations and workshops in how to use delivered system and software artefacts
- Assist in identifying and collecting data from financial systems and other related data sources.
- Develop small to medium size software systems in a variety of programming languages to automate processes, provide insight and/or support risk mitigation
- Deployment of new hardware infrastructure in the cloud and installing software packages on them
- Assist in assessing and determining the techniques and tools to be used in collection, analysis and communication for a project.
- Apply selected analytical techniques and tools to achieve project outcomes.
- Evaluate and describe the reliability and utility of source information.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Commerce or equivalent field(s)
- A solid technical grounding in SQL, SAS, Java or other programming languages
- A solid technical grounding in server automation languages like BASH, SH, DOS, PowerShell and CloudFormation
- Have experience working in a commercial software development team
- Experience in working with data from financial systems
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in following systems and procedures
- Ideally, experience in visual communication of analysis (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI)
- An understanding of the appropriateness of applying rules-based analytics and data-driven analytics.
- A passion for technology and data
- Ideally, exposure to project management principles
- Ideally, experience in applying Risk Analytics to at least one of the following Risk Services solutions:
- Credit risk
- Forensic response and financial crime
- Risk and controls transformation
- Internal audit
- Specialist risk services such as Security, Safety, Contracts and Major Projects.
- Ideally, experience in applying Risk Analytics to at least one of the following industries:
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Energy & Resources
- Consumer and Industrial product
- Ideally, an understanding of core accounting and business concepts.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. Regarding this role, you can contact James Francis via our Contact us section on our careers website.
The minimum salary for this role is $80,000AUD, this is inclusive of a 9.5% Super contribution.