Risk Analytics - Senior Analyst
About the role
Focusing on the biggest risks to organisations, you will be part of a team that brings skills in data sourcing, analytics methods and tools, and visual communication.
Based in Canberra, we are looking for Analysts & Senior Analysts to get involved in the following:
- Contribute to the design of analytical solutions in response to risk issues
- Identify organisational risks and opportunities for process and system changes to better manage future risk.
- Interact cohesively with other members of the Risk Analytics team, including being a buddy to new members of the team
- Support recruitment of new team members.
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of data towards relevant communications to explain the value of the work completed.
- Assist in identifying and collecting data from enterprise systems and other related data sources.
- Assist in assessing and determining the techniques and tools to be used in collection, analysis and communication for a project
- Apply selected analytical techniques and tools to achieve project outcomes.
- Evaluate and describe the reliability and utility of source information.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Australian Citizenship with ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Knowledge and experience of data management/analysis and the ability to apply this across a range of government agencies, and/or a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in any discipline. Some of our best people have degrees you do not normally associate with data analysis!
- Knowledge of SQL (SQL Server) and other programming languages
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in following systems and procedures
- An understanding of data driven analytics, big data and interpreting data to solve business problems
- Ideally, exposure to project management principles
- Ability to understand data governance principles and open data concepts
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience, career goals and timeline, we want to hear from you! Click "Apply" below and submit your application today.
If you have questions, please contact Laura Martin from the Talent Acquisition team via email at