Risk Analytics - Manager
About the role
Based in Canberra we are looking for a Manager to get involved in:
- Liaise with key stakeholders and clients to determine complex risk issues affecting clients.
- Design analytical solutions in response to risk issues.
- Identify and evaluate organisational risks and recommend optimal process and system changes to better manage future risk.
- Manage other members of the Risk Analytics team – manage, counsel, coach, mentor.
- Support recruitment of new team members.
- Manage the analysis and interpretation of data towards relevant communications to explain the value of the work completed; to both clients and other Deloitte team members.
- Contribute to proposal development with Account Directors and Partners focusing on one or two of the following:
- Forensic response and financial crime
- Risk and controls transformation
- Internal audit
- Specialist Risk Services solutions such as Security, Safety, Contracts and Major Projects.
- Contribute to proposal development and communicate proposals to clients and other Deloitte team members.
- Identify data to be collected from enterprise systems and other related data sources
- Assess and determine the techniques and tools to be used in collection, analysis and communication for a project.
- Apply selected analytical techniques and tools to achieve project outcomes.
- Evaluate the reliability and utility of source information.
- Manage projects, clients and fees – using project management methodologies, develop and manage project plans, scope, variations, risk, and knowledge management. Track against key metrics, conduct billing and account management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Australian Citizenship with an active Security Clearance (or ability to obtain a Security Clearance)
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Commerce or equivalent field(s).
- A solid technical grounding in SQL (SQL Server), SAS (Enterprise Miner), VBA or other programming languages.
- Experience in using data visualisation software (e.g. Qlikview, Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience extracting and analysing data from enterprise systems and other data sources.
- An awareness of the appropriateness of applying rules-based analytics and data driven analytics
- Experience in applying Risk Analytics to at least one of the following industries - Government, Financial Services & Insurance, Energy & Resources.
- Ideally, structured problem solving skills
- Ideally, an understanding of core accounting and business concepts.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
Please apply direct via our careers website. If you have questions regarding this role Ivy Iglesias from the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion.