Resource Planner - Assurance & Advisory
About the opportunity:
Resource Management strive to have the right people engaged on the right projects, aligning abilities and career aspirations to client demand and supporting Deloitte’s strive for client service excellence. In doing so, Resource Management supports the Assurance and Advisory (A&A) practice business by providing a balance between its decisions that impact our people, our clients and our operational performance.
The objective of the A&A Resource Management Consultant role is to work within the Resource Management team to support effective strategic resource planning across the A&A business.
The Consultant is responsible for the allocation of Assurance and Advisory resources across client engagements with a focus on ensuring optimal staff utilisation, exceptional client service, employee engagement and retention, and engagement profitability. Additionally, the Resource Consultant will play a key role in data analysis and reporting.
Key duties include:
- To act as a Trusted Advisor and key Resource Management point of contact for the assigned portfolio
- Managing resource conflict/requirement resolution process, providing appropriate solutions to staffing issues and engaging proactively with stakeholders to mitigate impacts of movements and changing client needs
- Working with the Resource Management team leader and business stakeholders to appropriately influence decision making
- Ensure timely identification of issues and involve senior team members as appropriate to achieve resolution.
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of capability, career aspirations, interests and skills for all staff up to Senior Analyst level within portfolio
- Instigate forward planning of portfolios for recurring work, and career advancement
- Onboard new starters providing an introduction to RM systems, processes and scheduling approach
- Responsible for graduate & vacationer program resourcing, ensuring diverse industry/engagement experiences
- Preparing interpret and analyse key Resource Management metrics, drawing actionable insights
- Ability to build relationships, consult and influence key stakeholders
- Highly motivated, confident and solutions focused
- Highly-organised with strong attention to detail
- Strong listening and analytical skills necessary to resolve intricate staffing issues
- Ability to prepare, interpret and analyse financial data and reports
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, deal with ambiguity and changing/conflicting priorities, and cope with a constantly changing landscape.
- Ability to work with and respect confidential and personal information
- Confidence dealing with staff of all levels
- Effective time management, actioning and delivering workload with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Understanding of professional services environment with knowledge of resource management and career development.
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate to Advanced
- Prior experience using a Resource Management or Project Scheduling application
- Familiarity with an Assurance business is preferable but not essential
- Understanding of project management methodologies and life cycles
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne Dunne at from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.