Resource Manager - Part Time (4 days per week)
Resource Manager (PT – 4 days a week)
About the opportunity:
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with people. Empowered to work with the leaders of our business you will be in the unique position of having the opportunity to balance the business needs with the needs of practitioners providing opportunities for professional growth and development. You will quickly learn the skills of the practitioners to enable you to have a positive impact on the successful operation of our business.
About the work:
You will be supporting the resource management function nationally. You will be the first point of contact for scheduling queries in Australia and will be supported by the Resource Management lead as well as a resource in our Hyderabad based team. Working closely with the leaders of the business you will take into account appropriate skills, availability, and business profitability and employee engagement. This role focuses on forward planning to enable the business to analyse, react and mobilise solutions in advance of issues arising and to provide balance for the business between its people and finance based functions.
- Engagement resourcing – proactively managing the scheduling of staff on engagements, focusing on engagement profitability and client service delivery.
- Capacity, Utilisation Monitoring & Reporting – Review of short and long term capacity information.
- Resource Management Representation – participation and contribution to geography, clusters and team meetings as required being able to forward plan resourcing options.
- Working closely with Partners, Directors and Managers to resolve all requests within 24hrs or continual follow-up until completion of request.
- Identify where scheduled cost exceeds the agreed scope of the engagement.
- Understand the development needs of all practitioners.
- Provide weekly management reports, variance and adhoc reporting.
- Work with P&P to deploy graduates to appropriate projects to integrate them into the team
- Constant communication with all practitioners
- Manage the risk/opportunity of deploying resources onto sold and potential work.
- Ensure all tentative (pipeline) bookings are monitored.
- Provide accurate and timely information to practitioners, covering opportunities, forward planning, career development, development opportunities and utilization, both historic and current.
- Oversee and make sure the resource database is accurate and up to date.
- Continuous improvement of resource management processes, ensuring that best practice is adopted across all offices.
You will have:
- Have knowledge of project management methodologies & life cycles
- Have an understanding of a professional services environment with a depth of knowledge in resource management and career development
- Organisational and time management skills – there is no way to plan your day: few are quiet, most are busy.
- Building relationships with both clients and other Deloitte employees.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- A proactive attitude coupled with energy, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Have excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- The Ability to gain credibility with senior staff and the trust of staff.
- The Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of consulting practice.
- A hands on approach with ability to ‘juggle’ several activities at once.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
If this sounds like the role for you please send through a direct application!