Resource Management - Senior Consultant
About the opportunity:
The primary focus of this role is to support the Financial Advisory Resourcing function nationally. You will be the first point of contact for Resourcing queries in Australia and will be supported by a junior resource in our Hyderabad based team. You will also regularly liaise with varied stakeholder groups from Partners and Senior Management through to our Vacationers. In addition, you will work in an autonomous role that allows you to work across numerous projects.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with people. Empowered to work with the leaders of our business you will be in the unique position of having the opportunity to balance the business needs with the needs of practitioners providing opportunities for professional growth and development. You will quickly learn the skills of the practitioners to enable you to have a positive impact on the successful operation of our business.
About the work:
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Engagement resourcing – proactively managing the scheduling of staff on engagements, with a continued focus on engagement profitability and client service delivery, as well as the skill building and motivation and morale of our staff.
- Capacity, Utilisation Monitoring & Reporting – Review of short and long term capacity information. Understand the resource unit stress points on resourcing and work with business to develop strategies to support this.
- Oversee and make sure the resource database is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all proposed (pipeline) bookings are monitored.
- Participation and contribution to geography, clusters and team meetings as required being able to forward plan resourcing options.
- Working closely with Partners, Directors and Managers to resolve all requests within 24hrs or continual follow-up until completion of request.
- Understand the development needs of all practitioners; work with the leaders of the business to identify opportunities for practitioners to develop these needs.
- Understand the skills and experience along with the career aspirations of all practitioners enabling the business to support the correct deployment, enabling growth and development.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and information to management, and assisting management with the analysis of such reports when necessary.
- Continuous improvement of resource management processes
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- A proactive attitude coupled with energy, motivation and enthusiasm.
- A confident and friendly style
- Awareness and appropriate discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential material.
- Punctuality, commitment and a corporate outlook.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and life cycles.
- Understanding of professional services environment with a depth of knowledge in resource management and career development.
- Organisational and time management skills – there is no way to plan your day: few are quiet, most are busy.
- Good humour and ability to withstand stress and confidential information.
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Please send through an application or contact Suzanne Dunne on from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.