Our Project Risk team is rapidly growing, we are looking for experienced professionals to help drive our growth and success in the Sydney market.
About our team
Most projects fail to achieve their objectives and project sponsors don’t realise that their project is going to fail – until it’s too late.
We help them by showing which projects are off track, getting these projects back on track and giving the comfort that they are kept on track to deliver the strategic benefits the organisation needs.
We help organisations navigate projects that matter with confidence.
This role in our Project Risk team helps identify underlying project risks, seeks to prevent project failures before they occur, empowers business change management and enhances project performance outcomes.
You have experienced large, complex projects: you might have been a business analyst, or have worked in a PMO or project office. You can tell what good and bad project or portfolio management looks like. You have a passion for successful delivery and getting projects over the line.
You must bring a practical knowledge of project management and, preferably, risk management. You will have appropriate qualifications (Prince 2, PMBOK, Agile or equivalents) with experience successfully operating in project environments. We will expect strong communication skills, a highly organised approach and proven project management. Experience in consulting or professional services will be an advantage.
About the role
This challenging role will see you:
• Working as a member of our project risk team, advising and delivering our clients most complex projects
• Working with private sector organisations, departments and agencies across federal and state government to improve project outcomes
• Consistently displaying extraordinary commitment to client service
• Assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of our clients’ projects to help them address key strategic and operational risks
• Helping think about recommendations and developing improvement plans to uplift our clients’ project delivery capability
• Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of Deloitte's leading edge tools and methodologies, while promoting and enforcing compliance with mandated professional practices
• Being able manage time and prioritise client work.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are collectively accountable for the success of our national team. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you will be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you acquire the skills and capabilities you need to succeed.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience, career goals and timeline, we want to hear from you! Click “Apply” below and submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Paul Hicks via the section on our Careers website.