About Deloitte, Chief Strategy Office, Products
Deloitte has a proud history of continually evolving its own business and advising some of the world’s largest, most diverse, innovative and fast growing companies. Today, it is one of the largest professional services firms in the world, operating in more than 50 countries with more than 210,000 employees and recognised as employer of choice.
As part of Deloitte’s mission to continue to lead from the front, we have established a Products team that sits within the Chief Strategy Office and is focused on helping the Business Units and the Firm to identify, prototype, launch and scale innovative asset enabled businesses (tools, products and solutions). These tools, solutions and products will be critical for the transformation of the Firm by leveraging privileged assets (people, brand, experience, IP, data, relationships and infrastructure), owned either by Deloitte or by our strategic alliance partners. These assets will help Deloitte deliver more value to our clients (better, faster, cheaper), and help drive growth while maintaining and improving our profitability.
This is the perfect role for someone interested in working within a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, solving complex problems with a team of like-minded, experienced professionals.
About the role
Deloitte is seeking an experienced Senior Consultant / Manager with a genuine interest in identifying and building new technology enabled businesses. Your challenge is to bring your ‘start up’ mindset, commercial and product development experience, consulting rigor and general business acumen to build new asset enabled businesses.
It is an opportunity for the candidate to use their experience to provide leadership across all stages of the product lifecycle, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialisation.
- Work within a cross-functional team of professionals to assess and refine new tool, solution and product ideas
- Quantify business value and assess and define viable economic and business model options for new asset enabled businesses;
- Collaborate with team members and Business Units to define a minimal viable business
- Work within a cross-functional team of professionals to plan, prototype and test new asset enabled businesses (tools, solutions, products);
- Collaborate with Business Units and multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that product development and delivery is aligned with strategic priorities;
- Adopt a lean start-up approach to building a minimum viable business and go-to-market strategy;
- Collaborate with the Business Units to define the investment business case;
- Assess and define viable approach to development in order to accelerate business build and launch – build, acquire, invest, alliance
- Work within teams to execute and launch agreed testing and go-to-market plans for tools, products and solutions
- Support with the preparation and negotiation of contractual agreements with suppliers and partners
- Adopt a continuous feedback loop to learn and iterate
- Monitor and report key business and customer success measures during the product development lifecycle
- Foster an environment of innovation and customer centricity, institutionalising agile innovation practices
- Stakeholder engagement
- Effectively support with the management of all stakeholders
- IP and Thought Leadership
- Create asset enabled business intellectual property for the Firm locally, and engage globally to learn and share;
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
About your experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- 4 -7 years’ experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning;
- Design or product development expertise;
- A background in product prototyping and testing;
- A bachelor’s degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred);
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm; large digital or cloud based software company, Media, Digital Media or cloud based software company
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills;
- The ability to structure and oversee the delivery of high quality documents to communicate ideas and strategies, product development documentation (roadmaps, functional and technical documentation);
- Proven experience in working with senior executives;
- Proven experience in working within a multi-skilled technical and non-technical team including entrepreneurs;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a range of senior stakeholders;
- Knowledge of the local and global technology industry;
- Exceptional energy and drive;
- Networks that will enable you to build teams, and leverage specialist skills, services etc.
This is a rare opportunity to join our entrepreneurial and dynamic team and leverage Deloitte’s network and capabilities to build a world-class asset enabled businesses. If you are interested in the role please submit a direct application.