Independence Australia is an interactive, fast paced team, providing critical support to the Deloitte business to ensure the firm, partners and staff comply with auditor independence requirements.
The role of Independence Australia is to ensure there is an effective independence quality control framework in place to assist partners and staff with the application of independence policy, maintain operational and compliance systems, and encourage and support consultation.
Being an internal facing role, the successful candidate will work with various business lines and get exposure to a range of partners and staff at Deloitte. By working with senior partners and staff, you will have opportunities to develop a rewarding profile within the firm. You would also develop a niche and specialised knowledge, as well as learning how a compliance function operates, and enhancing your knowledge on systems and operations.
About the work:
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
Success factors in this role:
- Assist in maintenance of partner’s financial interest records in the Global Financial Interest Monitoring System
- Assist with the setup of automated data feeds into the GIMS system
- Provide advice to partner’s and staff on the permissibility of investments according to policy
- Assist in the data setup to allow new partners to participate in the Service Centre
- Assist with the independence reviews of new partners joining the firm
- Respond to queries from internal and client facing staff on systems and processes ensuring queries are answered within the required time-frame, and ensuring that consultations are filed promptly and appropriately.
- Assist in various operations and compliance activities and projects as they arise.
About us: Deloitte Culture
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency/prioritisation and know when to seek guidance
- An analytical mind, with an interest in working with operational systems
- Willing to get involved in the detail
- Good analytical, writing and drafting skills
- Proficiency in standard computer software (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Be able to communicate and collaborate with other professionals within Deloitte
- Are pro-active and self-managed
- Orderly, responsible and methodical
We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Next steps:
Please send through an application or contact Suzanne Dunne on from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.